Yesterday in History!

/ Yesterday in History! #3  
SR71 pilot speed check.

/ Yesterday in History! #4  
Great Video, "Were showing closer to 2,000". love it. or... 2300mph

/ Yesterday in History! #5  
A fuel leaky and outdated manned aircraft by the '90's. Holds world records. But really, do you want your potential adversaries to know what the records are now? :) 2,193 MPH doesn't seem that much, and even the Russian Mig-25 Fox Bat goes 2,190 MPH..... briefly. No one is going to say they have a 2,300 MPH, flight sustainable, manned military airplane. And no one gets to talk about the top speeds, an altitude of drones. That easily outdistance these manned aircraft in any sort of performance criteria cause they don't HAVE to keep a human alive in them.

/ Yesterday in History! #6  
Brought to you by Kelly Johnson and the Skunk Works, using slide rules and mechanical calculators. I think NASA has one or two still that fly occasionally, might be YF-12s though.

/ Yesterday in History!
Brought to you by Kelly Johnson and the Skunk Works, using slide rules and mechanical calculators. I think NASA has one or two still that fly occasionally, might be YF-12s though.
No, they don't have any SR71s left flying. There were only 3 YF-12s built. Last one flew in 1978 from the article on wikipedia.

/ Yesterday in History! #8  
Yeah, according to this NASA page, the SR-17 was last flown in 1997.
NASA Armstrong Fact Sheet: SR-71 Blackbird

I guess I was thinking about the NASA U-2, Dragon Lady, that was flying in 2019. Not sure if it's still being used.

/ Yesterday in History!
NASA was still flying a U2 on June 4 of this year... I caught it on flightradar24.