yet another homemade knife.

/ yet another homemade knife. #1  

ncnurseryman

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 970
Just wanted to share a photo of another knife I made. Turning out to be a good and inexpensive hobby. A small skinner.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130124_212148.png
    ForumRunner_20130124_212148.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 348
   / yet another homemade knife. #2  
That's a nice little sknner! Do you buy your blades or scroung like some of my buddies do (old sawmill blades etc.) The time and craftsmanship in a nice knife/sheath can easily go unseen by most folks. I had one buddy that was way into tempuring his knives, I've never seen him do it , but he said that a good knife can be put in a vice, bent 90* without breaking and return back yet still be hard enough to hold an edge! They all knew Bill Moran, a pretty well known bladesmith in MD. Good job.

/ yet another homemade knife. #3  
We would take tool steel scrap at work with the permission of the Boss and make knives and scrapers... some of the guys got really creative and turned out some nice pieces.

/ yet another homemade knife. #4  
We would take tool steel scrap at work with the permission of the Boss and make knives and scrapers... some of the guys got really creative and turned out some nice pieces.

as a kid we would use old car leaf springs and a bench grinder to make machetes and woods knives also log scrapers to remove the bark

/ yet another homemade knife.
Thanks rustyiron for the compliment. I use 1095 stock that I order from jantz and cut out and grind out the shape.