Yet Another Mahindra Glow Plug Issue

/ Yet Another Mahindra Glow Plug Issue #1  

LSU-Mike

A few days ago I posted this on another thread, but haven't received any comments. Please excuse me if this violates any forum rules.

I have a similar issue as others. In this cold weather, researching the cause for difficulty starting, I've found that two of three glow plugs are open on my Mahindra 2615 Gear. The current plugs are NGKY-724U. With 8 V stamped below the part number, so I assume they're 8 volt. The serial number of the tractor is 040970882. My local dealer "thinks" I need a conversion kit - at "around" $500 plus shipping. An online dealer has kits for $250 for single harness or $436 for dual harness. Their website states that if there is a controller and a relay, that the $436 version is what I need. Below is a photo of what I have, so it appears I "need" the dual harness version.

Because the current plugs have lasted me just over 10 years (less than 800 hours), why can't I stay with plugs equivalent to what I now have? We don't have a lot of really cold weather here in south Louisiana (except for this winter). If the consensus is that I should convert, which kit should I get? Any source out there less than the prices shown here?

Thanks everyone.
Mike

GlowPlugParts.jpg

/ Yet Another Mahindra Glow Plug Issue #2  
On my 2004 2615HST I went thru 3 sets of those 8V glow plugs at almost $100 a set of 3 in 10 years. They kept going bad, either shorting or open. Then I found out about the upgrade kit and ordered it over the phone thru a dealer who is a member here. The new plugs were 10V and came with a timer with a longer cycle.

I've sent you a PM.

/ Yet Another Mahindra Glow Plug Issue #3  
I think in your instance you can just replace the 8V glow plugs. PT#32A6603102. You could use the 10.5 v plugs if you wanted without a conversion kit. Mahindra changed to the higher V plugs in 2015. All the controller does is burn them a little longer because they don't get as hot in the time set by original controller.:thumbsup:

/ Yet Another Mahindra Glow Plug Issue #4  
A few days ago I posted this on another thread, but haven't received any comments. Please excuse me if this violates any forum rules.

I have a similar issue as others. In this cold weather, researching the cause for difficulty starting, I've found that two of three glow plugs are open on my Mahindra 2615 Gear. The current plugs are NGKY-724U. With 8 V stamped below the part number, so I assume they're 8 volt. The serial number of the tractor is 040970882. My local dealer "thinks" I need a conversion kit - at "around" $500 plus shipping. An online dealer has kits for $250 for single harness or $436 for dual harness. Their website states that if there is a controller and a relay, that the $436 version is what I need. Below is a photo of what I have, so it appears I "need" the dual harness version.

Because the current plugs have lasted me just over 10 years (less than 800 hours), why can't I stay with plugs equivalent to what I now have? We don't have a lot of really cold weather here in south Louisiana (except for this winter). If the consensus is that I should convert, which kit should I get? Any source out there less than the prices shown here?

Thanks everyone.
Mike

View attachment 534895

That is the single harness controller on the left and you would need the cheaper kit. It will come with the new 10 sec glow plugs, controller (timer) seen on the left of you pic and a jumper harness to go between the new controller and the wiring harness.
We have plenty of the kits in stock on the self and could ship one out to you. It is well worth the upgrade and sell a bunch of them and never had anyone unhappy with the upgrade.