YFL 650 loader valve?

/ YFL 650 loader valve? #1  

keenlanp

Tractor
Branson 3015H, Yanmar YM 240D, YM 186D
Folks,
After spending too much time on marketplace and craigslist over the last couple years looking and a 15 hour round trip yesterday, I managed to buy a YFL 650 (and what was left of the tractor it came on) for my 186D. It had sat under a tree for a decade and I will need to replace most of the hoses, but the loader, bucket, and the subframe are all in good shape except for some surface rust. I am also not sure I can resurrect the loader valve. If not, I assume that pretty much any valve with the right flow capacity and #of ports/spools should work? Thanks as always for the wisdom.

/ YFL 650 loader valve? #2  
I assume you've seen the other current thread about loader valves.

My post in there links to a long thread about them.

A couple of things I can add: YFL650 is an easily-removed loader so be sure to include quick-connects on the hoses. I thought mine dribbled so I replaced them -- then discovered new o-rings might have been a sufficient repair.

And I would make every possible effort to re-use the existing loader control even if you have to fabricate a replacement for the joystick monkey-motion. (Twin sticks might be a suitable replacement for that flimsy linkage).

Please post photos as you work on this project!

/ YFL 650 loader valve? #3  
While I really like the way my joystick control works, I have a friend that needed to replace his valve due to leaks and it being non rebuildable. He went with a multi spool valve and set up his 3 function as an independent spool in the valve. I have never ran his and bern a while since we talked about it, but as I remember, he put the 3rd function next to the curl/dump spool saying he could do one with his thumb and hill of his hand and the other with his fingers. For him it worked. I believe he installed a couple of sets of remotes also. Not sure now if that was from a different valve or not.
Food for thought if you need to replace the valve.
Good luck with rebuilding the loader.
Surplus Center is a good source for hydraulic parts if you know the size and fittings you need.
If you do a new valve, be sure to match fitting threads when you order.

/ YFL 650 loader valve? #4  
I have the same tractor, loader and the original mechanical linkages/single lever joystick loader. My 40 year old valve works, but is dripping and showing its age(no float or regen either). I am thinking of upgrading my valve as well. Look at the quality/rebuildable single lever Prince LVT1GR5AB7 10 GPM loader valve. American made valve with float for loader arms and regen for faster bucket tipping out. It has #8 pump ports and #6 work ports. Available for $350 online from DaltonHydraulics.com. Install and design specs are all listed on the Prince Hydraulics website. I researched similar and less expensive valves also, but saw many complaints of issues and failures 1 or 2 years after the replacement. I have never had any issues with other Prince hydraulic valves. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger and order that valve for myself. You get what you pay for I guess? Good Luck.