YFL155 Loader Quick Attach?

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #1  

Strahwberry

Tractor
YM155D
Good evening!
I'm Jon and I bought my first tractor a few weeks ago. A YM155D, with a YFL155 loader. I'm a complete rookie when it comes to tractors. I've got a lot of ideas and not much knowledge or wisdom. I'd like to figure out if I can get a bolt on QA conversion for the loader. After snooping around here to learn from previous conversations, I see the loader may not have the worlds greatest lifting capacity. I also didn't see a conversation about a bolt on option.
The use case I have for this is:
1. pallet forks (log moving and loading on the saw mill)
2. Front blade
3. snow removal (potential, if I can't get a pull type 3ph snowblower)

I've got an endless list of questions for conversation, but, figured I'd keep it short for an intro.
Thanks!
Jon

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #2  
Jon,

A big welcome here. :)

Ask away, we are not too shy here. It's like being in a realm of good friends as in Yanmar buddies. :)

Got Yanmar, you're a buddy.

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #3  
OK, went digging, not with a loader though. LOL

YFL155 info

YFL155 Loader_1.jpg

YFL155 Loader_2.jpg

YFL155 Loader specs_1.jpg

YFL new style Loader_pg2.jpg

YFL new style Loader_pg3.jpg

YFL new style Loader_pg4.jpg

Some from the web and also some from rScotty in previous threads. :)

Attachments

• YFL new style Loader_pg4.jpg
    YFL new style Loader_pg4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
   / YFL155 Loader Quick Attach?
Thanks for the info! I found a lot of this, but, not all. Especially the loader comparisons. What I'm kind of taking away from this for the YFL-155, there isn't an option for dedicated pallet forks, or a quick attach. That leaves me with the bolt on option. Based on some feedback I've read on those is needing a backing plate to distribute the load to not bend/dimple the bucket. Any suggestions for that? Will 3/8" plate work or should it be 1/2"?

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #5  
You could probably get away with a 1/4" backing plate with your lift capacity (800lbs.). The problem is a SSQA backing plate won't fit your bucket if it looks anything like the drawing. You need about 18" of flat vertical area to mount the plate. Also, the plates are about 47" wide.

Along with the backing plate, you'll need the SSQA brackets for your FEL.

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #6  
Just get the clamp on forks. The only thing that could bend the bucket is driving forward with a fork stuck vertical down in the ground. (Don't ask). If you are concerned, temporarily set in a piece of angle iron nearly the width of the bucket, so that both clamp screws bear down on it.

I doubt you have 800 lbs lift. My YM240 (larger) just barely lifted a 650 lb tank to get it out out the trailer, and that weight was suspended over the bucket pins, not forward like a forks load. I think you don't want the added weight that quick-attach hardware would add.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and conversation. I agree, the loaders specs put it at 500 lbs lift, and my real world experience with it would say, 500 will be really putting it through it's paces. I think I'm going to go with the clamp on forks. I won't lift anything crazy, just mainly moving logs, firewood, lifting my generator onto the trailer (jobsite generator), wood pellets for the pellet stove and maybe a couple of wood stoves.

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #8  
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and conversation. I agree, the loaders specs put it at 500 lbs lift, and my real world experience with it would say, 500 will be really putting it through it's paces. I think I'm going to go with the clamp on forks. I won't lift anything crazy, just mainly moving logs, firewood, lifting my generator onto the trailer (jobsite generator), wood pellets for the pellet stove and maybe a couple of wood stoves.

2 things, the 500 lbs was a spec to full height, you should have more lift capacity at lower heights. However that is likely a capacity at the pivot pins (lower fixed point pins). This is an almost useless spec as that is not where work is done.
But as you push the load further forward from the pins, you will will quickly lose lifting capacity. This includes the distance that a ssqa would add (approximately a foot) but it would put forks closer than mounted on the front of the bucket.
If I can I will attached a photo of something I have seen done. You will need some fairly good fab skills to build this.
IMG_5368.JPG
IMG_5369.JPG
IMG_5370.JPG
IMG_5371.JPG

Those are great ideas! I get the lever arm multiplication of effective weight on the loader, I think it would be at least an interesting academic exercise to see if the difference between the two solutions makes a difference... BTW, my fab skills are more macgyver eend of the spectrum (grinders and paint make me the welder I ain't).

/ YFL155 Loader Quick Attach? #10  
This Quick attach Bucket was easy to Remove or put back on. Similar or same setup. Only a couple yrs. old and JD Frontier so I beleve it should be common and easy to get parts. Repair/Replace

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 107

Last edited: