YM 2310 3 point hitch problems

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
I tried to post this a little while ago and when almost done with typing a cosmic ray or something similar, maybe a decaying Higgs Boson, zipped through my computer and wiped out my post. Or maybe my hard drive is dying. Or who knows? So, after using some particular verbiage not allowed in the polite company here, or anywhere, I cooled off, chopped some vegetables for dinner, and am back for another try.
I have been away from TBN, and most of the net, for several months because of being too busy. But of course when a problem crops up and after trying and failing to fix the problem I had to come back and ask the experts.
The 3PH on my 2310 had been rising and falling too fast. When I bought the tractor a bit over a year ago it had been parked for a couple years without being started. I got the machine running, bought it, and drove it home. It came with a thin manual. Reading the manual I tried adjusting the rate at which the 3PH lowered by using the lever under the seat. This seemed to work for a while.
After not using the tractor much last winter, at least not the 3PH, when I started to use it when the weather got good I found that it moved too fast, raising and lowering. I tried turning the lever under the seat with my hands but because both wrists being crushed they are now both bone on bone joints and I have a hard time turning things. So I used a wrench and it was still very hard to turn the lever. It eventually turned though. So I raised the 3PH and upon trying to lower it nothing happened. It had an approximately 300 pound load on it at the time. Frustrated, I left it alone for a couple days. Trying it again it now works! Magic! So, it now lowers. Slower than I like but that's OK. I'm retired and can wait the extra few seconds. I am not gonna try to move that lever again unless I have to.
But the 3PH still rises way too fast. When trying to raise it small increments it jerks wildly. It really goes up way too fast. My manual says that the knob under the seat is for locking the 3PH in position. This implies that it shuts off the flow of hydraulic fluid. I do have a copy of the parts manual but it does not show the fluid passages in the valve bock that the lever and knob are metering the fluid flow through. So, can the knob be used to slow the raising of the 3PH? Or is it just for holding the 3PH in position?
Thanks,
Eric

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems #2  
Take what I say as opinion, not fact. Your 2310 has a little bit of a unique three-point control valve. It is similar to the 2000 and many other models but is different. I believe you are right in believing the little lever handle that is up close to the round handle is indeed for adjusting drop speed. However, lift speed has no adjustment that I am aware of other than engine speed or different handle speed. A jumping action would indicate air in the system of binding mechanism. On your model I believe the round handle should either be closed or open. Close to lock the 3 point in a position or open for normal operation. Nothing to do with how fast it lifts. That's my 2 cents worth, no charge.

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems
Greetings Winston1,
Thanks for the reply, even though it confirms what I already thought. When I said jerks what I meant was the 3PH moves so fast it is like it is jerked up. It moves smoothly, just fast. So that the implement jerks up. I wish I could find a good picture of how the hydraulic fluid flows through the cylinder head because then maybe I could figure out a way to safely throttle the raising of the 3PH.
Cheers,
Eric

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems #4  
Greetings Winston1,
Thanks for the reply, even though it confirms what I already thought. When I said jerks what I meant was the 3PH moves so fast it is like it is jerked up. It moves smoothly, just fast. So that the implement jerks up. I wish I could find a good picture of how the hydraulic fluid flows through the cylinder head because then maybe I could figure out a way to safely throttle the raising of the 3PH.
Cheers,
Eric
Start at page 43.

Compliments of the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.
main groups.io Group

And Karl at Malo Tractor

Your YM2310 has the UFO tied to the 3PT lift. Do you have these controls?

YM2310-UFO-knobs.jpeg

If yes, then you can make adjustments to slow the lift down.

YM2310-UFO-knobs.translated.jpg

The translation is too literal.

The big joystick knob to the left is RAISE and LOWER.

The top knob to the right sets the lift when pointed left to MANUAL mode.
The top knob to the right sets the lift when pointed right to AUTOMATIC (UFO)mode.

The lower knob to the right sets the SPEED of lift. I can only assume SLOW-MEDIUM-HIGH like the other Yanmars in the YM/F/FX Series with UFO settings.

Attachments

• YANMAR YM2310 PARTS MANUAL NPC-1181.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 88
  • YANMAR YM2310 Návod k obsluze pro malotraktor.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
   / YM 2310 3 point hitch problems #5  
Keep your RPMs low and it should not raise so quickly...

Like Winston wrote, there is no adjustment for the lifting speed that I know of.

Also please do not leave 300 lbs on the 3 point up in the air overnight.

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems
Keep your RPMs low and it should not raise so quickly...

Like Winston wrote, there is no adjustment for the lifting speed that I know of.

Also please do not leave 300 lbs on the 3 point up in the air overnight.
I always lower stuff for safety reasons. Is there another reason.
Eric

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems #7  
You would have a not needed pressurized cylinder as long as that 300lbs is setting on top. I would think safety would be top reason but personally I think the system would rest easier without weight hanging on it. That is just my opinion though and not fact. It might rest just as well with the 300 lbs hanging on it.

/ YM 2310 3 point hitch problems #8  
I always lower stuff for safety reasons. Is there another reason.
Eric
Why load seals and hydraulic systems if you don't have to?

I agree, though, I always depressurize my hydraulics after use for safety reasons.

All the best,

Peter