ym146 pto shaft

/ ym146 pto shaft
I will try Bolen's in the morning, but I found out today that the part I need is available from a few different driveline companies, the problem is their cost. The pat I am looking for is call a garden yoke. It is simply a 15 spline, 1" shaft with a locking groove in it and a yoke on the end. I would really like to find a used one if possible.

/ ym146 pto shaft #12  
New here thanks for havin me. Also have a YM146 and I would love to find a tiller for this. This is a great mower with only 400hrs on it.
Also looking for an alternator for this any thoughts! Thanks, Scott

/ ym146 pto shaft #13  
I have the same problem I just fabricated a 3 point hitch for my YM-146. I already have the rear PTO it does indeed have a 15 spline female connection and I cannot find an adapter. Did you ever find one. I have a bolens tiller that I want to hook up to my tractor.

/ ym146 pto shaft #14  
Last edited:
   / ym146 pto shaft #15  
I have the same problem I just fabricated a 3 point hitch for my YM-146. I already have the rear PTO it does indeed have a 15 spline female connection and I cannot find an adapter. Did you ever find one. I have a bolens tiller that I want to hook up to my tractor.
I still have a couple of the Rear PTO kits that Yanmar offered that I would like to sell, if anyone out there is interested contact me.

/ ym146 pto shaft #16  
I have the Rear PTO kit I bought from you years ago. Do you have an adapter to go from the 15 spline PTO to a standard 6 spline PTO shaft?

/ ym146 pto shaft #17  
I have the Rear PTO kit I bought from you years ago. Do you have an adapter to go from the 15 spline PTO to a standard 6 spline PTO shaft?
No I don't have one of those.
But if you get the shaft from AgriSupply it will fit into a yoke that I have here. Then you would need the cross and bearing kit plus the other yoke to complete the U-joint.

/ ym146 pto shaft #18  
I know it is expensive but what I attached in the earlier post will make that transition.

/ ym146 pto shaft #19  
Might buy this and weld another adapter on it. 1" 15T x 6" Partial Splined Shaft | Splined Shafting | Shafting | Power Transmission | www.surpluscenter.com

An example: PTO Adapter, 1-3/8" x 6 Spline x 1" Round | Agri Supply 3858

I am not to good on the computer, my last copy went South. If you go to Agri Supply and type in pto adapter in the search field you can see what I was trying to attach.
I recommend only an expert welder with experience welding driveshafts weld this, because it has to be right on the money, any wobble will wear or break bearings. also, welding will take the temper out of the shaft, so it will have to be re-hardened.

/ ym146 pto shaft #20  
I recommend only an expert welder with experience welding driveshafts weld this, because it has to be right on the money, any wobble will wear or break bearings. also, welding will take the temper out of the shaft, so it will have to be re-hardened.

I suppose if one was afraid of a weld you could have a machine shop cut you a keyway. Or drill and pin it. I would just about wager a hole could be drilled at the point the two go together. Maybe not on the hardened teeth. I personally have lined up and made similar welds on drive shafts and know quite a few others that have done the same. Probably not giving good advice but just stating what I have done or would do.