YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ??

/ YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ?? #1  

Fire260

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2210
Hey Guys,
as you know i just got me a 2210 and been working on it, When i got it the guy was getting ready to paint it and had the hood and fenders off,so im in the middle of getting it ready to paint, but im not sure if i should go with stock colors are go with something custom, I dont really like there color of white, so not sure what to do, I have thought about going orange and black, i like that color combo, so what do you think would be a good way to go ? keep it stock, just change the white to a better white ?????????
Thanks for your time and help.

/ YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ?? #2  
Antique white and red all the way.

/ YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ?? #4  
I think Massey Ferguson Red is what the 'reconditioners' use, or pretty close. That would be easy touch up later because spray cans are sold at any Tractor Supply, etc.

/ YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ?? #5  
Thinking I'd stay with red and (their white). Was never a fan of their green frames but it works.

I repaired my grill some time ago and went with semi black from their white. Changes things up a bit.
IMG_20190405_071428.jpg

/ YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ?? #6  
I'd personally go with the original color or something in the same family, like California mentions that's an easily available color but still looks right.

/ YM2210 getting ready for paint BUT ??
Antique white and red all the way.

I'm the new guy, but I agree with this statement.

I like the red, but the antique white, I just can’t bring myself to do it.I should of added this to my opening post, I think my problem with it is, We built a fab shop at work, then they had someone come in and paint the room, We wanted bright white and they painted it Antique white and I had to look at that for 9yrs and it would just drive me crazy seeing that color. So I don’t think I can do it. But Thank you for giving me your guys opinion . I do appreciate it!

I think Massey Ferguson Red is what the 'reconditioners' use, or pretty close. That would be easy touch up later because spray cans are sold at any Tractor Supply, etc.

Yes, that is the color I picked if I go red, I looked at the gallon can at TS and it is priced right.
Thank you.

Thinking I'd stay with red and (their white). Was never a fan of their green frames but it works.

I repaired my grill some time ago and went with semi black from their white. Changes things up a bit.
View attachment 620777

I like it! My front loader is black ,so a black grill will flow nicely,I think.
Thanks for the pic.