YM2210D wheel spacers

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
Question about length of the spacers. I have been looking at 4" and 6" rear spacers. My hills are pretty steep. Is there any down side to going with 6" as opposed to 4" ? I am thinking wider is better but don't want to make it unstable. Wheels will be outside the fenders but I don't really use it in the rain or excessive mud. You guys have been a wealth of knowledge. Speeding up my learning curve. Thanks for all the info.

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #12  
Question about length of the spacers. I have been looking at 4" and 6" rear spacers. My hills are pretty steep. Is there any down side to going with 6" as opposed to 4" ? I am thinking wider is better but don't want to make it unstable. Wheels will be outside the fenders but I don't really use it in the rain or excessive mud. You guys have been a wealth of knowledge. Speeding up my learning curve. Thanks for all the info.

Per the Yanmar USA tech manuals, do not exceed the 4-inch [100mm] spacer thickness. The YM240 & YM276 both have this as optional equipment. The YM240 is a twin to the gray market YM2000. So it does apply to the entire YM Series machines made.

For Yanmar to specify not to exceed the thickness, they must of did some type of testing. Keep safe and keep in the 4-inch or less realm for thickness. :)

Even the aftermarket like Hoye Tractor has them. (on National back-order)
1631137405979.png

YM1510D
Before
1631137144279.png

After

1631137166762.png

YM236D

1631137460471.png

Should your machine match the Yanmar/John Deere wheel spacing, then these would work too.

John Deere JD850, JD950, JD1050, JD900HC, and a few of the 55 Series too.
1631137593319.png

Last edited:
   / YM2210D wheel spacers #13  
No question in my mind that the aluminum spacers will be plenty strong for the application.
However, you will be mounting the spacer between dis-similar metals—expect corrosion if you go this route.
At a minimum coat both mating surfaces of the spacer with a layer of anti-seize during assembly.

gasket material works well too. ;)

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
Per the Yanmar USA tech manuals, do not exceed the 4-inch [100mm] spacer thickness. The YM240 & YM276 both have this as optional equipment. The YM240 is a twin to the gray market YM2000. So it does apply to the entire YM Series machines made.

For Yanmar to specify not to exceed the thickness, they must of did some type of testing. Keep safe and keep in the 4-inch or less realm for thickness. :)

Even the aftermarket like Hoye Tractor has them. (on National back-order)
View attachment 712769

YM1510D
Before
View attachment 712767

After

View attachment 712768

YM236D

View attachment 712770

Should your machine match the Yanmar/John Deere wheel spacing, then these would work too.

John Deere JD850, JD950, JD1050, JD900HC, and a few of the 55 Series too.
View attachment 712771
Perfect. I thought I remembered seeing that about 4" somewhere in my investigations. Thanks for confirming it. Gonna order some 4" tomorrow. They are running $440 including shipping. I will post the source and contact info. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Last edited:
   / YM2210D wheel spacers
Can you share your source. Thanks
I am ordering 4" spacers from UTV Parts And Accessories tomorrow. $440 for a pair of 4" including shipping. You can google them. Phone is 800-596-0785. I will let you know how it goes. They said the AL is rated for 30,000 lbs. So all sounds good to me.

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #16  
I am ordering 4" spacers from UTV Parts And Accessories tomorrow. $440 for a pair of 4" including shipping. You can google them. Phone is 800-596-0785. I will let you know how it goes. They said the AL is rated for 30,000 lbs. So all sounds good to me.

OUCH. That price is double the cost of John Deere wheel spacers. And John Deere parts are pricey to begin with.

Motorsport Tech custom makes them for all types of Ag machines using one of the strongest aluminum grades 6061-T6 or in steel.
Their brand is the BOAR Wheel Spacers all around the web. And, they do have YANMAR.
1631206956681.png

/ YM2210D wheel spacers
OUCH. That price is double the cost of John Deere wheel spacers. And John Deere parts are pricey to begin with.

Motorsport Tech custom makes them for all types of Ag machines using one of the strongest aluminum grades 6061-T6 or in steel.
Their brand is the BOAR Wheel Spacers all around the web. And, they do have YANMAR.
View attachment 712844

Tried them, I did not know the price but Bora was 15 weeks lead time. I did not want to wait that long.

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #18  
I just bought a YM2210D grey market. So far it seems like a tight little tractor. I live on some really steep terrain. I turned around the rears and I am loading them with beet juice. I want to put some 4" rear wheel spacers on it. I cannot find anything. I found one fabricator but he is not making any for a while. Bora has a 15 week lead time due to steel shortages. Hoye Tractor does not have any. I am looking for a set or some information. I may try to find someone local to fab a set. I want to confirm my measurements so I don't spend a few hundred dollars and have them not fit. I have 9.5 x 24 wheels. It is a 6 bolt pattern. The hub measures 94mm, Wheel 95mm for the center. The bolt circle on the axel is measuring 94mm. Can anybody confirm that this is correct? If you have any leads on where I might be able to get some 4" spacers I would appreciate any info around buying, or making them. Also does anyone know of a more common tractor with the same bolt pattern ? John Deere, or US model Yanmar, Might be easier to buy a set for a US tractor with the same pattern. Thanks in advance....Don
Hoye is out of their spacers? Guess they made a limited run. I always said I was going to buy a set but I rarely run on hills and didnt want to spent the money on them

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #19  

View attachment 712844

That link you posted I looked and they (4" JD 790 spacers) were $195 each and you need 2 it says there not sold in pairs. Adding 2 to the cart is almost $400

/ YM2210D wheel spacers #20  
That link you posted I looked and they (4" JD 790 spacers) were $195 each and you need 2 it says there not sold in pairs. Adding 2 to the cart is almost $400

Ouch. Yes, the price on these things are recently steep.

On the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on the Listserv, we are on this SAME topic with the DIY for way less. Just getting the stock diameter and thickness currently is the trouble. AL 6061-T6 is the ideal material to use. Then it would be AL 5052-H32. I personally wouldn't go any lower whatsoever in the AL material grades. Not worth it having something fail like that on an axle. Next, having the tools or machines to bore the holes properly. A drill press with the right cutting tools would be the minimum. Forget using a hand drill. Those holes have to be on center of the bolt pattern and the hub hole dead center.