YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!

/ YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
I have a Cat 287 tracked skidsteer for sale and had a guy come look at it today. He gets in it to run it and you can usually tell when someone gets in a machine if they are familar with it or not. I could tell that he was. He knew where everything was. He ran it around a little and I got his attention because I wanted to talk to him for a second. He stopped the machine with the bucket level on the ground and I approached the machine. I stepped into the bucket and opened the door and talked to him for about 15 seconds. I closed the door and turned to step out of the bucket. I had one foot in the bucket and one out taking a step. As I am stepping out of the bucket he curls the bucket with one quick flip. I end up getting catapulted about 3 feet into the air,but luckily land on my feet. Geez.......that was the last thing I ever expected! I never missed a step and just kept walking shaking my head and talking to myself Anyway, lesson learned.......... you just can not be too careful,because you just never know.

/ YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! #2  
Sounds like the guy was trying to scare you in to lowering your asking price.

/ YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!
lol.......... yea, maybe that was it. After we got to talking a bit more he went on to tell me about all the phone pedistals he's backed over and a few other mishaps he's had. Rolled his wheeled Cat skidsteer over on it side by having the boom all the way up with a Harley Rake on it trying to get unstuck from a mudhole. Dropping into a tree spade hole he just dug with the tree and all.Geez, and that skidsteer just wouldn't back out of there. I guess the bucket flip was just a twitch. Makes you wonder though..........

/ YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! #4  
Some guys are "naturally unlucky" ;). Breaking your neck would have seriously reduced the price in most probabilities. I am really glad you were not hurt- I enjoy reading your posts :D. We already lost a great contributor :(. Stay away from that guy. :eek: Jay

/ YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!
thanks, hopefully I'll be able to contribute and gleen lots more knowledge on this site for years to come. But that just shows how fast things can go bad.

/ YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! #7