You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,431  
Yeah, but the burger flipper isn't getting minimum wage, he's getting $18.00 an hour, really, at five guys in my area.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,432  
I don't go to burger joints, so I don't care if they pay them $50 an hour. I refuse to think about something I have no control over.

Water seeks it's own level, either their pay will go down or nobody will buy the burgers. What will happen, will happen.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,433  
With minimum wage going up the way it is, everybody is looking for ways to automate. It's cheaper than hiring a human being. See what happens when the kid flipping burgers gets $18 an hour.
It's $20 here...

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,434  
Crank up the wages and there won't be job's left to have.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,438  
You know you're old if you've ever had to ask the room if you just farted.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,439  
Yeah, but the burger flipper isn't getting minimum wage, he's getting $18.00 an hour, really, at five guys in my area.
Must be why the single patty burger is $8.09 in my part of Md. cup of soda is over 3. Made it easy for me to pass and go elsewhere.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,440  
Crank up the wages and there won't be job's left to have.
Jobs yes but fewer for sure as automation and business models change.

It does have a ripple effect and some have or will close if it’s the last straw…

Base combo is $16 to $18 now.

Several nearby managers confided they still get about the same single purchases throughout the day but families coming in no more…

It’s actually significantly cheaper to go to a Dennys super slam with eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and hash browns for $9.95 with table service than to a Burger King, Jack in the Box or McDonalds.