You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When
Heck I'm 62 and had trouble thinking of any of their tunes. My folks were more big band kind of listeners.

I asked my kids a few minutes ago (26 and 31) and they both knew who they were, but don't know any of their tunes either.

My my.

Growing up, Dean was my man. Singer and movie star and Las Vegas superstar.

I heard more than once Dean was a guy “every woman wanted and every guy wanted to be”.

/ You Know You Are Old When #12  
Heck I'm 62 and had trouble thinking of any of their tunes. My folks were more big band kind of listeners.

I asked my kids a few minutes ago (26 and 31) and they both knew who they were, but don't know any of their tunes either.
I'm 73, and I don't think I could name anything Bing did other than White Christmas. His career had peaked before I was born. Neither of my parents were really into the crooners, so I never heard them play his stuff either.
Sinatra & Martin were still having hits in my teenage years so I do know a few songs by them (more Sinatra than Martin though).

/ You Know You Are Old When #14  
You know that you are old (not getting old) when you go to take a whizz and find that your zipper is already down.

Cheers,
Mike

I read a long time ago that forgetting to zip up your zipper is just normal forgetfulness. If you forget to unzip, there is a problem.

/ You Know You Are Old When #17  
I watched that on Christmas TCM........full of laughs.....

Cheers,
Mike

/ You Know You Are Old When #20  
Christmas was great but I got yet another reminder that I’m getting old.

We had a bunch of younger nieces and nephews over Christmas Eve. I had Dean Martin and Bing Crosby Christmas songs going as background music.

My 18 year old niece asked “who is singing”?

I said “Bing Crosby, maybe the best singer ever”. She looks at me and says “who is that”.

OMG in their language.

After much discussion and and a brief survey, turns out NONE of the kids 18 or under had any clue whatsoever about Bing Crosby, Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra. Not a clue.

I am getting old!!!
When my granddaughter was in an Easter pageant probably, three years back, i asked who sang Easter Parade. The singer was Bing Crosby. I'm only 72.