You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #331  
I have a bunch of old carpenter saws and crosscut saws.
My nephew asked me what they were for and why I kept them.
I told him they were environmentally friendly and keep on working when the power goes out.

If one has a 2x4 or 2x6 to cut, one can get it cut and be done with the old saws very quickly, and continue on with one's project. Not necessarily what I'd like to do all day long, but it might well beat setting up a chop saw.

Wildernesses may require hand tools for trail work, although perhaps that will eventually change.

/ You Know You Are Old When #333  
You know you are old when you hear your favorite songs playing in the grocery store or elevator.

/ You Know You Are Old When #334  
Hmmm… I had my gallbladder removed and I don’t remember it being that bad. Laparoscopically.
That's how they removed mine too, via four little incisions, but by then I was on some good drugs and don't remember a lot. The drugs really didn't relieve the pain that much, but I didn't care. I was out of the OR and awake at 11:30AM, ate lunch at 2:00PM and went home at 5:30PM.

/ You Know You Are Old When #335  
You try to explain to your teenage and young-20’s children that disco and the Bee Gees were really cool.
I always thought disco was ab acquired taste, one I never acquired. The Bee Gees were pretty good though.

/ You Know You Are Old When #336  
You try to explain to your teenage and young-20’s children that disco and the Bee Gees were really cool.

You must not be that old. Classic rock was cool. Disco sucks!

I was in a rock band in high school, and we didn't play any disco, but the owner of the local discotheque liked us. We would take extra long breaks so the customers could dance to disco music and have fun. When we came back on stage, the dancers would grumble and go sit down.

I suspect that it helped the alcohol sales to have the customers stop dancing and drink.

/ You Know You Are Old When #337  
Funerals are for the living because they don't want to lose their loved one just yet. It's a way of holding on.

And I read that when people cry at funerals they're really crying for themselves and their own mortality. I guess I understand both sides.
My Dad (rip) worked at Sears many years and fellow workers would occasionally pass.
One day helping Dad clean his car I saw tweezers in his glove box (???). So, I inquired. He said he went to so many funerals right before he got out the car he would yank out a nose hair so he was crying when he arrived.

/ You Know You Are Old When
Are you guys suggesting that the Stihls sold on Amazon are big box store quality? and less than small dealer quality?

I’ve never seen a Stihl chainsaw on Amazon.

They have Echo but - at least I - have never seen on Amazon.

/ You Know You Are Old When #339  
You can buy name brand items from Amazon.
Yes and there is a lot of good stuff on Amazon. But I've bought things that were clearly returns, bulk items, prior generations of the product or items just returned and out of the box without instructions. Most times I just ship it right back unless they'll give me a super discount.

You've got to be careful and make sure of the return policy. Some things don't allow returns.

/ You Know You Are Old When #340  
2600A82B-7F31-4412-8B42-8BA2690D4B01.png