You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #361  
"A one and a two and...hey! Start the bubble machine".

/ You Know You Are Old When #363  
IMG_0499.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #364  
Lawrence Welk is still on PBS. I record an episode once in a while.

/ You Know You Are Old When #365  
Lawrence Welk was tough to watch as a kid. I especially remember the polka music, that Welk loved, and he really had fun with that. Someday I'll find a clip.

The original show was Saturday night, I think at 7:00pm and old folks planned their day to get ready for it.
This first one is colorized and shows Mr Welk having more fun than he should

Below is classic Lawrence Welk, the kind gram and gramps waited all week for. It had it all.

/ You Know You Are Old When #366  
That sir, is actually a perfect way of explaining it, at least for myself. It actually makes sense. People tend to forget they were out before the mid 70's. Rap and Disco are the two genres I really can't get into. I had a love hate relationship with the Bee Gees LOL
I never cared for them, but do remember hearing one of the brothers lament that while nearly every band at the time did disco, that is what people remember the BeeGees for. I understand just what he was saying... heck even KISS had a song with that disco beat.

/ You Know You Are Old When #367  
Come to think of it, perhaps that's why my family liked the Larwence Welk show. We ALWAYS had polka's at family weddings LOL Seemed polkas were a way of life back then for both sides of my parents family.

/ You Know You Are Old When #368  
I never cared for them, but do remember hearing one of the brothers lament that while nearly every band at the time did disco, that is what people remember the BeeGees for. I understand just what he was saying... heck even KISS had a song with that disco beat.
I actually liked them. I just did not care for disco, don't ask me why.

I remember when I played them on the juke box and my dad asked me "what crap are you playing now?" LOL

/ You Know You Are Old When #369  
Come to think of it, perhaps that's why my family liked the Larwence Welk show. We ALWAYS had polka's at family weddings LOL Seemed polkas were a way of life back then for both sides of my parents family.
Wife and I requested a polka band for our wedding back in 1985. Too much fun! :ROFLMAO: You get a few hundred people out there to In Heaven There Is No Beer and that's a party.

/ You Know You Are Old When #370  
I think the only music my folks danced to was polka. And they were very good at it. Most times they would be the first on the dance floor, and traverse the entire dance floor skipping and twirling away to near exhaustion.