You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When
   / You Know You Are Old When #384  
When I got married (1957) we had to have a blood test. I wonder when that went out of favor.

/ You Know You Are Old When #386  
I think they were the only group ever to have 4 out of the 5 top songs in the country all at once. And the 5th was written by Barry Gibb, but sung by someone else.
I wanna say the Beatles had something like 8 of the top 10 songs in the country one week in 1964.
You know you are old when you hear your favorite songs playing in the grocery store or elevator.
Maybe 20 years ago I heard a Grateful Dead song on the background music at the supermarket. Remarked to a friend that I remembered when they were considered "counterculture", now they're Muzak®. :eek:

/ You Know You Are Old When #387  
No shoving cake in each others face. Why would you want to do something like that to the person who you plan on spending the rest of your life with?
I was at a kid's 1 YO birthday party and watched his grandmother to that to the kid as he was getting ready to take a bite... shoved the entire thing in his face. I almost had a bad spell but bit my tongue. What a rotten thing to do to a kid.

/ You Know You Are Old When #388  
This made me feel old.

Christina Applegate (Kelly Bundy on Married With Children) is 52 years old. She has had a double mastectomy, due to breast cancer, and she has MS. She walks with a cane and is probably not physically up to acting anymore.

/ You Know You Are Old When #389  
Wife and I got married after 5 months after we met (I was 37, I was certain this was the one). Wedding was at my "home" church about 500 miles away from where we lived.

Wedding "song" my wife and I danced to was by Lee Ann Womack. Because my dad loved the 40's big bad era as well, we had a DJ (in part for doing the wedding so quick).

Just as many Polkas as Glenn Miller.

I'd still at least want a Bryan Adams song in the wedding songs as well ;)

All that said, seems wedding are becoming a big production now with how much money you can spend. I looked, what we spent on our complete wedding was $6,200 in todays times per inflation rate from 2005.

Look at my timing belt question recently here. Although my wife and I are really different people and at times complete opposites, we are so much alike in core values.
We went to a wedding a while back that had to cost a fortune. Sit-down big time multi course meal, a cavernous ceiling with lighting that accurately simulated a starry sky or a thunderous storm event. Breathtaking orchestra; the whole enchilada. Cost was jaw dropping.

Heck, we got married in the parlor of our 200 year old New England farmhouse during a stay off the roads blizzard and everyone showed up. Cost was not much and people had a great time.

/ You Know You Are Old When #390  
Lawrence Welk 😄. My grandparents loved that show. It came on (reruns?) weeknights from 7:30 -8:00, which signaled bedtime for them.
My dad loved Lawrence Welk, us kids not so much. I don't think my mom was much of a fan either, she would retreat to her sewing room when he was on, that Singer would really make a mess out of the picture and sound!