You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #622  
Yes - The Adventures of William Tell.

I sort of remember that show but it didn’t last too long if I remember correctly.
I was pretty young, I don't remember either

/ You Know You Are Old When #623  
I just remembered about the Andy Devine show, with a frog who Andy would ask him to Plunk his magic twanger! Anyone remember that, or am I just imagining it?

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #624  
I just remembered about the Andy Devine show, with a frog who Andy would ask to Pluck his magic twanger! Anyone remember that, or am I just imagining it?

I think that's a partially repressed childhood memory from when your weird uncle was babysitting.

/ You Know You Are Old When #625  
I think that's a partially repressed childhood memory from when your weird uncle was babysitting.
Maybe that’s why my brain 🧠 is like it is!
Thanks for helping out with my therapy!😂😂 I found it. It was called Andy’s Gang from 1955. IMG_5780.jpeg

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #626  
If it wasn’t on NBC or CBS we weren’t aware of many shows. PBS only on a clear night. My dad had a pipe wrench permanently attached to the TV antenna pole. Boy would he bark at us through the window. 😂

/ You Know You Are Old When #628  
If it wasn’t on NBC or CBS we weren’t aware of many shows. PBS only on a clear night. My dad had a pipe wrench permanently attached to the TV antenna pole. Boy would he bark at us through the window. 😂
We could only get 2 channels, both were ABC, so anything not on that network we probably didn't see. Well, there was a CBS station, even if you turned the antenna it didn't come in very well.

As far as kiddie shows, the only one that stands out was Uncle Gus on Ch. 9 from Manchester, N.H. It was very amateurish, as was most of their local programming. Don't recall the other station having any sort of children's programming.

/ You Know You Are Old When #629  
When the kids come over and install safety grab bars in the house and shop, then tell you to quit turning off your medical alert tag :LOL: