You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,011  
There should be enough old timers here for someone else to have experienced this variation of the 'doorway effect' which takes place when a person walks into a room and forgets why they're there.

Several times lately I've gotten close to what I went to get, forgot what it was, raised my hand, stuck out my pointer finger and found myself pointing right at it. It's almost as if my hand knew I'd forgotten and helped me out.

Has anyone else found themselves pointing at what they forgot they were looking for?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,012  
If you remember ever making a reverse charge phone call from a phone booth.
When my future wife and I were living in different towns and I didn't have a phone, I'd go to a booth, call her collect and ask for a specific person who wasn't there. She had the booth's number and knew to call me back there at her lower rate.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,013  
You guys are quite fortunate.

My first car and all thru college was a Bobcat! Remember those - the Lincoln version of the Pinto!!!
My brother had a Pinto station wagon. It ran awful and he hated it.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,015  
A couple of friend's had Pintos in HS. Is there anyone harder on a car than teenaged boys? They were tough as nails, the guys couldn't kill them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,016  
Is a 1990 miata considered old ? This one is a monster. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1962.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,017  
Just one more. It is a balanced 347 ford stroker, around 425 HP, mustang T5Z 5 speed tranny, T-bird IRS, in a 2500 pound miata.

Attachments

• IMG_1965.JPG
    IMG_1965.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,018  
That thing must be terrifying! ?I had a stock one, always said you didn't get into it, you put it on .

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,019  
There should be enough old timers here for someone else to have experienced this variation of the 'doorway effect' which takes place when a person walks into a room and forgets why they're there.

Several times lately I've gotten close to what I went to get, forgot what it was, raised my hand, stuck out my pointer finger and found myself pointing right at it. It's almost as if my hand knew I'd forgotten and helped me out.

Has anyone else found themselves pointing at what they forgot they were looking for?
I sometimes open the refrigerator and forget what I want. I think if I pointed at something it would be a bottle of beer no matter what I was looking for.;)

Jeff