You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,021  
My brother-in-law traded his 1970 SS396 for a Bobcat wagon during the gas crisis that wasn't really that bad in Canada
I didn't mention that my brother's mechanical ability usually maxes out when he puts the key in the ignition. It's some kind of mental block he has, when he tries he's a fair mechanic.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,023  
That thing must be terrifying! ?I had a stock one, always said you didn't get into it, you put it on .
I,m 75 years old, and have always been very responsible. I learned right from wrong at a very early age. There is a time and place for playing around, and I never push it. It is very docile. I don,t drive it in the rain or winter. I also have a new Mustang 5.0, with 3 thousand miles on it, and a 1990 Corvette, with all of 22 thousand miles on it. I drove it about 50 miles last summer, and it doesn,t even have a stone chip on it. Cars have been a passion of mine since I was a very young, poor kid. My nephew and I built the Monster Miata in my garage way back in 2001. Of all my cars, it definitely gets the most attention, every time I park it anywhere.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,026  
A couple of friend's had Pintos in HS. Is there anyone harder on a car than teenaged boys? They were tough as nails, the guys couldn't kill them.
Did your friends ever mention lack of a timing mark?
When I got ready to set the timing on my wife's 77 Pinto I couldn't find one. Not knowing anything more about timing other than how to point the light and turn the distributor, I took a tuneup course at the local tech school and the teacher put a mark on the pulley. I thought he was a genius.

We must have taken the Pinto back to the dealer three or four times to get them to fix the leaky sunroof. All the idiots were doing was gluing the drain hose back on a nipple and the glue didn't hold. I finally put a camp on and that held. Last time a salesman tried to sell her a car with a sunroof he was speaking to deaf ears.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,028  
Why are you pointing at me?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,029  
We must have taken the Pinto back to the dealer three or four times to get them to fix the leaky sunroof. All the idiots were doing was gluing the drain hose back on a nipple and the glue didn't hold. I finally put a camp on and that held. Last time a salesman tried to sell her a car with a sunroof he was speaking to deaf ears.
Don't feel bad, I had a brand new 1978 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am and the T bars leaked the first time it rained. It had less than 500 miles. You just learned not to drive it on rainy days.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,030  
Don't feel bad, I had a brand new 1978 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am and the T bars leaked the first time it rained. It had less than 500 miles. You just learned not to drive it on rainy days.
I think it was an old Trans Am I saw that had what looked like bathtub caulk all around the T top.