You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,441  
I guess you can say you are old when you bought 3/2 beer? Does it even exist anymore?
Sure! Miller 64 :ROFLMAO: It's 2.8%. My wife calls it beer flavored water.

There are many beers under 3.2% (which is by weight and comes out to 4% ABV). However, some specifically made to hit that magic 3.2% are no more...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,442  
A friend of mine was a year older, so he could by beer legally in Michigan. He was very young looking. On his 18th birthday we drove up to a liquor store, he got out of the car and walked in right past the checkout guy, heading towards the back of the store. The guy yells at him "The candy and gum is up here sonny!" :ROFLMAO:

He tells the guy that actually, he's there to buy beer. The guy asks to see his ID. He shows it to him. The guy eyeballs him and the ID a few times, then tells him to get the **** out of his store! Accused him of having a fake ID.

He came out looking dejected. :confused:

So we tried another store and they let him buy after carding him. 🙃

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,443  
I sometimes work in the pro shop of my wife’s tennis facility.

We sell beer and wine.

All the buyers look young to me. Typically, the women are happy when I card them but the guys are insulted.

I just say “the older I get the younger you look”.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,445  
This old..

1710951888045.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,446  
I sometimes work in the pro shop of my wife’s tennis facility.

We sell beer and wine.

All the buyers look young to me. Typically, the women are happy when I card them but the guys are insulted.

I just say “the older I get the younger you look”.
Most of the chain stores here have gone to carding everyone. It's rather ridiculous really, but I know the clerk is only doing her job so don't take it out on them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,448  
They used to ask "Paper or plastic"... I always said "Paper. I can grow more trees, I can't grow more petroleum.

One time the woman behind me got noticeably irrated by that comment.
I honestly don't care about the resource usage, one way or t'other. Honestly, how much petroleum goes into a 1 mil thick plastic bag? It's insignificant.

But I do get irritated by the enormous waste and litter problem created by all of these plastic bags, everything from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch to the plastic bags I see stuck in brambles by our roadsides. It seems in most of this country, these plastic bags are not even accepted in our residential recycling, which is a total system failure, IMO. When I come home from the store with 20 plastic bags, in place of the four heavy paper bags those goods would have previously required, why can I not put the damn things in my recycling?

At least brown paper is fully-recyclable. When one escapes the trash-hauler's truck and lands on the side of the road, it disintegrates and disappears, rather than hanging around for 5 years. They never turn into microplastics, finding their way into our drinking water. I'm all for switching back to paper.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,449  
Yup! When I was in the 8th grade, we had this. Still have a small box that contains all the NRA achievement pins.

Ahh. those were good days...

1710953014218.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,450  
They used to ask "Paper or plastic"... I always said "Paper. I can grow more trees, I can't grow more petroleum.

One time the woman behind me got noticeably irrated by that comment.
Not only that. In my area, pulpwood trees are what are removed by thinning for stand improvement. They are not end of rotation products.