Mowing You thought you had troubles mowing.

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
While working in the front yard on a project, I had the opportunity to snap pictures of some poor soul/fool who was hired to mow a 1.8-acre vacant lot that is up for sale on my block.

I'm guessing the weeds were 2' - 4' depending on the weed. The only saving grace for this guy was that the weeds are dryed out from the heat we've been having. He wasn't able to mow three large mounds on the lot. I think it took him a good 1.5 - 2.0 days to accomplish this task.

Attachments

• DSC03952.JPG
    DSC03952.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 843
  • DSC03953.JPG
    DSC03953.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 631
  • DSC03954.JPG
    DSC03954.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC03955.JPG
    DSC03955.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 743
   / You thought you had troubles mowing. #2  
Get his number - I'd like to hire him to scrub the tile floors and walls in our bathrooms.

I'll even supply the toothbrush. :thumbsup:

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #3  
Heck, I've been him a couple of times:eek:

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #4  
Funny, I saw the same thing yesterday.

A woman was mowing an overgrown field with a lawn tractor. I could not believe my eyes. She was going right along, too. About a 2 acre field.

This morning on my way in I could see she had completed the work. The field looked windrowed from the side discharge and ready for the New Holland baler.!! LOL.

Never knew a lawn tractor could make the horses and cows soo happy.!!

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #5  
Been there more than once.

Don

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #6  
You do the best you can with what you have to work with

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #7  
Great reminder of what life was like before the tractor, and why the tractor is so nice to have. Only differnce is not that when I mow for 2 days, I can get more done!!!!

Eddie

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #8  
Many of those lawn tractors are about 23 hp. I've mowed weeds taller than my 4010's hood full speed in 1st. Main problem with many of those lawn tractors is being able to get at the blades to remove them for sharpening. That's the main thing you're paying for when buying a higher price machine.

I took over mowing the church lawn (about 4 or 5 acres) in NJ once IF they let me buy a zero turn mower, because I'd done it years before with those sorry Sears tractors. Could mow the grass in 1/2 the time, and blade removal was about a 5 minute job.

Ralph

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #9  
Many of those lawn tractors are about 23 hp. I've mowed weeds taller than my 4010's hood full speed in 1st. Main problem with many of those lawn tractors is being able to get at the blades to remove them for sharpening. That's the main thing you're paying for when buying a higher price machine.

I took over mowing the church lawn (about 4 or 5 acres) in NJ once IF they let me buy a zero turn mower, because I'd done it years before with those sorry Sears tractors. Could mow the grass in 1/2 the time, and blade removal was about a 5 minute job.

Ralph

I didnt know people people sharpen lawn mower blades.??

At about 12bucks each...I replace them....at least once a year.

/ You thought you had troubles mowing. #10  
Given the shape of the hood, although hard to make out, I'd say that's an old, old machine. Late 80's, early 90's Murray or some such. I note the manual deck engage arm.

Not bad for a 20 year "cheapie" lawn tractor. Fact is that while the creature comforts weren't there, and those older Craftsman/Murray type machines weren't built all that great, it just goes to show that many of them lasted a good long time and took an amazing amount of abuse. Their owners didn't have a million bucks in them either.