Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #11  
<font color="red"> (Just watch one episode of America's Funniest Videos and you will see many people with no common sense.) </font>

Oh boy! Is that ever true.

For an even greater lack of common sense, watch Outdoor Outtakes on cable channel OLN. I know some of those people really got hurt.

SnowRidge

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #12  
I attended school with a fellow, who was operating farm equipment at a very early age. His most "outrageous" event, though, has to be his solo trip in the farm truck (worn out Ford P/U) about 7 miles down the road to a friend's birthday party... he was in 2nd grade at the time!

That was then, this is now... the roads he traveled are much more likely to have opposing traffic these days.

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #13  
I do not know about the county roads in indiana, but in parts of Arkansas cruse control at 55 mph on some county roads would be marginal. What was the speed limit?

Not trying to make excusses for the boy, just wondering if speed was not also a factor?

Fred

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #14  
Hi
Who in their right mind would use speed control on a country road? too many hills, curves, animals crossing the road, farmers moving equipment, people backing out of driveways onto the road etc.

charlie.

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #15  
<font color="red"> (Who in their right mind would use speed control on a country road?) </font>

I had the same thought, but didn't post because I am not familiar with that particular road. Some are straight as arrows, with good sight distance to any sort of hazard.

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="red"> (Who in their right mind would use speed control on a country road?) </font>

I had the same thought, but didn't post because I am not familiar with that particular road. Some are straight as arrows, with good sight distance to any sort of hazard. )</font>

And another thing with cruise control, you still have to pay attention to what is going on around you.

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #17  
Hi
I think using speed control on a 2 lane road, even straight as an arrow is an accident waiting to happen. I am lazy, but not so lazy that I have to use speed control on a country 2 lane road. I doubt if I have used my speed control 5 times in 20 years even on an interstate.

Charlie.

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #18  
<font color="red"> (I think using speed control on a 2 lane road, even straight as an arrow is an accident waiting to happen.) </font>

I tend to agree. I can't think of any time I've used one on a two lane road, except for empty highways out in the desert.

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident #19  
<font color="blue"> I tend to agree. I can't think of any time I've used one on a two lane road, except for empty highways out in the desert. </font>

I use it in Lake Milton to make sure I don't go over the speed limit.
Apparently, the park rangers would rather stop speeders out on the state route than actually patrol the state park. Along that strip of road, 35 means 35, NOT 37!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident
<font color="blue">I do not know about the county roads in indiana, but in parts of Arkansas cruse control at 55 mph on some county roads would be marginal. What was the speed limit?

Not trying to make excusses for the boy, just wondering if speed was not also a factor?

Fred </font>

Fred,
Northern Indiana is generally flat as a pancake. Most county roads are 55 unless posted otherwise. However, you bring up a very good point. Some roads aren't meant for cruise control. As for the speed limit on the road in the accident that I mentioned, no news organizations reported what the posted speed limit was.