youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
I should have bought a new mower years ago. The last few years have required New coils, ignition module, battery, starter, control module, carb, four tires, three spindles, belts and now this. 1996 LX188
Deere.
Don't if we should try welding the oil soaked aluminum or grind off the broken casting and oil fill from the side of the engine. Drill, tap and install a generic valve?

While I was posting this topic , the eldest boy called and said the truck started blowing antifreeze while trailing but the coolant temp gauge showed normal.
It not even noon yet.

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #2  
Is that the oil drain tube, and someone wrenched the plug too tight? Broke when trying to remove the plug?
What is the rest of the tube like? -- is it removable/replaceable ?

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #3  
What I have seen done, if enough of the tube still exists is to square the end off and use a small rubber expansion plug to seal the hole. Auto parts stores sell the plugs. You might also consider using a hose clamp on the end where you insert the rubber plug to prevent expansion cracking to the tube when tightening.

Either plug number one or number two should work great for you if you can get the end squared.

small rubber expansion plugs - Bing images

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #4  
"It not even noon yet."
Take a deep breath and smile. They are trying to help.

Al

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil
Good news .
Cleaned the dirt from around the motor and discovered the damaged only involves a bolted on casting .

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #6  
Yep, "stuff" happens.

I wish my dad was still around so i could break something for him.:)

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #8  
Yep, "stuff" happens.

I wish my dad was still around so i could break something for him.:)

That is so true.^^^

My dad has been gone for 22 years now, we had many good times together. I often wish that I had spent more time with him when in my twenties and thirties but hind sight is 20/20/ .

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #9  
hmm, that's why Dad always had me do it, blame me for it:laughing:

Ronnie

/ youngest boy helped change Kawasaki engine oil #10  
Enjoy the boys while they are still around, they grow up and are gone in a blink of the eye!!!!