Your Bee Sting Score?

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
I've been lucky, my high score (that I can remember) is only a 5.3. How about you?:)

bee.png

From The worst place to be stung by a bee - Business Insider

Steve

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #2  
I have at least one "7". Was mowing around a Rose of Sharon and knocked a bloom of and it fell into my lap. I brushed it off and a it was hiding a bumble bee that got me in the palm of the hand.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #3  
Since there was a time when we had 7 hives when I was kid, I couldn't count the number of times I've been stung. I guess the worst "bee" sting was when one hit me on the bridge of my nose, only slightly off center from right between the eyes. One eye swelled shut for a time. But the most painful sting I ever had was when I backed into a nest of yellow jackets in a honeysuckle bush. I was 7 years old and I got 6 stings on the back of my head and neck.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #4  
I've had them all except shaft and scrotum. Luckily hadn't been allergic. As kids we used to stone yellow jacket nest and whoever was stung most won.

But probably my worst was about 9 hits from a bumblebee on the bottom of the arch of my foot when I stepped on a nest barefoot, That bee did not like me.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #5  
Yep, I think those bumblebee stings are worse than honey bee stings. When I was a kid, okra was one of my personal money crops, and the bumblebees worked the blossoms. It was easy to fail to see one when cutting okra, and I'd get stung on the hand.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #6  
Had a paper wasp sting my ear lobe last year, as wasps go they have a really mild sting, I'm really glad it wasn't a yellow jacket or bald faced hornet. It hurt and my ear swelled up and turned purple for a couple of days.
Brother in law dumped 4-5 hives off of a farm wagon a few years ago, I think they only missed shaft and scrotum:eek:. He said his face could be used to scare children for a week or two after.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #7  
I will usually get stung on the hand a couple times each year. I keep forgetting that the yellow jackets will hang on to my hand when I brush them off from elsewhere. Not a big deal, I don't swell up and only experience pain for half an hour or so.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #8  
Just a friendly reminder. A drop of juice from an onion will stop the pain from a bee sting almost immediately.

/ Your Bee Sting Score? #9  
A buddy of mine and I were working some hives this past summer. He did something to piss them off and I happened to walk buy and got stung through my veil on my upper lip. Lip was swollen and puffy and I looked absolutely ridiculous. The pain was more from the swelling bc lack of tissue to stretch if that makes sense.

/ Your Bee Sting Score?
A buddy of mine and I were working some hives this past summer. He did something to piss them off and I happened to walk buy and got stung through my veil on my upper lip. Lip was swollen and puffy and I looked absolutely ridiculous. The pain was more from the swelling bc lack of tissue to stretch if that makes sense.

Congratulations!! You are in the lead with a score of 8.7.:)

Steve