Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only

/ Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #52  
............................................Regular old halogen lighting seemed to provide a better definition between the cut and uncut grass. I may only use 2 LEDs on the rear of the L4240 and leave the factory front lights on because of this. Need to do some experimenting......................[/url]

Found a fix for the problem with seeing the cut / uncut grass. I left the front factory work lights as-is for now, and mounted two Maxximas low in the grill guard. The lower mount throws the light at the grass that makes it easy to see (like wavy vinyl siding when the sun is at a certain place. Rears were mounted high where the factory rear work lights would be.

Both the front and rear lights are angled out as far as they will go and still light up the areas directly in front and behind the tractor. When I mowed Tuesday night there was an area to each side that wasn't lit enough to see where to turn into the uncut grass. One more light on each side fixed that.

I cut the wires to the high beam part of the headlights and used it for the low front and side work lights. The rear work lights use factory wiring that was in place. I did need to add the switch in one of the blank switch holes.

Attachments

• IMG_5387.JPG
    IMG_5387.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 360
  • IMG_5389.JPG
    IMG_5389.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5388.JPG
    IMG_5388.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 343
   / Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #53  
I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I'm having a heck of a time finding a led bar that's FLOOD only on Amazon. I keep seeing spot/flood combo but I'm wanting strictly a bar that's flood only. I'm trying to keep the profile low vs the typical square or round flood lights. Let me know if you've purchased such animal from Amazon that's a good bang for the buck, well for Chinese crap anyway :rolleyes:

If you are looking for something to supplement your tractor headlights, I recommend you consider light bars with a mix of spot and flood. The reason is the spot light portion gives you good distance coverage while the floods illuminate a wider area. For instance, I used a combo light bar facing forward on the ROPS, plus two small flood light cubes to either side for side vision and two small flood light cubes on the rear. This combination gives me a 360 degree view when working on the tractor at night. It works really well.

Here's a couple of pictures of my setup:

vlcsnap-00089.jpgvlcsnap-00088.jpg

And here's a video I made covering the specifics of the choice of lights, attaching to the ROPS, wiring, and a night time demo:

I hope this is helpful!

/ Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #54  
Found a fix for the problem with seeing the cut / uncut grass. I left the front factory work lights as-is for now, and mounted two Maxximas low in the grill guard. The lower mount throws the light at the grass that makes it easy to see (like wavy vinyl siding when the sun is at a certain place. Rears were mounted high where the factory rear work lights would be.

Both the front and rear lights are angled out as far as they will go and still light up the areas directly in front and behind the tractor. When I mowed Tuesday night there was an area to each side that wasn't lit enough to see where to turn into the uncut grass. One more light on each side fixed that.

I cut the wires to the high beam part of the headlights and used it for the low front and side work lights. The rear work lights use factory wiring that was in place. I did need to add the switch in one of the blank switch holes.

I like how you mounted the side lights inside the FEL tower supports! Clever! Looks like you get good light coverage.

/ Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #55  
thanks for your advice, guys

/ Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #56  
As for me, Nilight is the best option, but I haven't much experience. I used to use halogen lamps. It's a much cheaper option. It creates a glow due to the filament and works 500-1000 hours. Among the disadvantages: the fragile body, often fails and gives a weak luminous flux. But after I tried led light bar, I understand why it's a much common option, even though it costs much more. I'm not sure if they are on Amazon. As I know, this marketplace full of home appliances, such as my kitchen scale Amazon.com: Vont 'Milo' Kitchen Scale, Food Scale, Digital Scale w. Beautiful LCD Screen, 5 Measurement Units, Gram Scale Used for Weight Loss, Baking, Cooking, 304 Food Grade Stainless Steel (Batteries Included): Industrial & Scientific. It could be hard to find Nilight led light bar. But It's definitely worth the time spent looking. They work up to 50,000 hours, are reliable, do not overheat, and do not lead to excessive fuel consumption.

Last edited:
   / Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #57  
Funny nobody said anything about aircraft landing
lights! My friend put one on his pickup and when
smart guy with his bright lights don'e dim them he
turns on the landing light and there blowing there
horn flashing there lights. Landing lights will give
you more light but the cost is from $227 to $3300
buy 2 there small????? Here's a cheapie

Landing Lamp 14 volt, 100 watt, PAR 36

Item: GE 4509
Price: $16.50

Add to Cart
Item Qualifies for Free Ground Freight (48 States) on Orders Over $350
With this one you need a base/holder to put it in!

willy

/ Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #58  
I hope nobody makes fun of my improvised solution! I only occasionally need better light after dark, if I've stayed out working in our woods too long. All I need is enough light to see the trails and get home. I was in Costco a few days ago, and bought a pair of "heavy duty work lights, 2000 lumens, rechargeable". I figured only 40 bucks for the pair, what the heck. Just tried them out. Pretty good for the purpose. Rechargeable via USB cord, waterproof, reasonably heavy plastic housing, over 3 hrs runtime on high setting, swivel handle with strong magnet in it, sticks nicely to the rops. I think I'll buy another set or two.

/ Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #59  
   / Your favorite LED light bar from amazon that's flood only #60  
OK, I too will bite on this thread - which is about led lights. ---from Amazon. There was a time when I refused to use Amazon. I felt like I did not know who was actually selling the product and concerned about shipping and security and ability to return if wrong. I have always felt if a i-net retailer cannot give you a phone number, address location, or accurate shipping estimate, I would not order from them - and still do not. But Amazon has solved those issues. I shop Amazon first because:
1. They have a shipping terminal near me. I can get many products in 1 day or sometimes the same day I order.
2. They TELL YOU when you look at the product when you will receive it. NOT after you enter the checkout and waste time.
3. They take returns for any good reason.
4. They ship and deliver everyday, including Sunday.
5. If I ordered a product a year ago, and want another one, I can find that product in past order records. And reorder if available.
6. On most items, you can have Guarenteed delivery date.
7. On some orders, you can actually find where the delivery vehicle is on the day of delivery.
8. I ALWAYS prefer to say, lets run to the store - like TSC. and pick up xxxx. Only to get there and find they don't have it, EVEN AFTER calling and checking. Another 50 miles wasted. So many brick and mortar stores and become online order only store for the products anyway. Many store employees seem to feel they don't have a responsibility to know products. It is like asking where to find a brass fitting. I hate the response "what are you going to use it for?" I was at the hardware store onetime and ask if they have insulation blankets for water heaters. I was told "no, that is a seasonal item, only in the winter. ---I guess water heaters get cold in the winter. There is nothing you can say to a response like that.
9. I like UPS and Fedex for the same reason - You can track your purchase. But now, even better, Amazon has invested in their own transport system because of a inability to renew UPS contract. I very much dislike USPS. Where I am, they never update tracking info. I have had a lot of lost deliveries, or delivered to wrong address. All Delays. Had one order with USPS - I spent time following up. In the end USPS said the lost it, but found it. I said good, where is it? - in Chicago. When will I get it? Well, we lost it, don't know where it is in Chicago. Never got it.
These are my experiences with shipping and purchasing. I will say I am sorry up front if yours is different. I hope you have found purchasing and delivery to be efficient with every place you do business.