Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2)

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #21  
If the service is terrible, we leave nothing.

Andy,leave a penny. If you leave nothing they might think you just forgot to leave a tip,with a penny they know you did not forget.

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #22  
Gotta chime in here....

Work has taken me pretty much across the US. Never found any pork barbeque like eastern North Carolina......it just ain't out there.

At the buffet style restaurant I go for lunch about twice a week, there's a pig sitting on the coals that cooked him under a chimney at the end of the building. Pull your own (tenderloin if not gone, break open a ham if it is) with your choice of 3 sauces ( only one really counts, vinegar based with molasass and pepper among other things). Throw in some slaw, boiled potatoes, hushpuppies and bannana puddin and it's as good as it gets.

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #23  
Re: Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2

Dieselsmoke, where is that restaurant? I'm in Apex, NC and am hoping that restaurant is close by.

Bob

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #24  
Sounds Like that place Tommy Lee jones stopped at after the plane crash in "Us Marshals" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #25  
OH GREAT! i just gained 2 lbs reading this post. sure does sound good tho. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #26  

Bob, Apex, NC is where the Holland gas grill is made, one of the best ways ever invented to cook pork barbecue. Living there, I assume you're familiar with it?

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #27  

OkeeDon, I'm very familiar with Holland Grills. I bought one about 10 years ago and it is still going strong.

I don't think you can beat them for all around cooking. I cook whole turkeys, whole chickens, grill fish, pork chops, steaks, fresh vegetables, sausage, biscuits, plus about anything else you can think of.

One thing I tried this fall turned out to be really great. Took some large, fresh apples and sliced them like you would slice an onion you were going to fry. Lightly greased a large sheet of tin foil with olive oil. Put the apples flat on the tin foil then sprinkled the apples with cinamon, brown sugar, raisins, and chopped pecans. Put them on the Holland Grill for about 15 minutes, and they are great. I usually put them on when I turn the pork chops or chicken over. My wife says the apples are just like eating a cinamon bun but without all the bread.

Another thing I do with the grill is to slice sweet potatos about a quarter inch thick. Put them on a lightly greased piece of tin foil and grill about 10 - 15 minutes per side. You wouldn't believe how sweet the potatos are after grilling them. The only problem with fixing sweet potatos like this is you don't have enough room on the grill for 4 steaks and enough potatos to satisfy everyone.

Try either one of these and I'll guarantee you'll like them.

Bob

/ Your opinion on Resturants..... Please (part 2) #28  

Bill's in Wilson NC. Also try Wilbur's in Goldsboro if in that area.

Ditto on the Holland Grill. Mine is 9 years old, cooks an average 3 meals a week year round. Finally started to rust out so I contacted Holland and got a new base, drip pan, grill and lid. $125 and it's new again /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif