Your thoughts on this DK90

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #11  
Lol. well it's a word here, and I didn't invent it so idk..

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #12  
I suddenly have tractor envy! One can always think of needing a bigger tractor.😃 Alas, I have an obstacle course for property and smaller tractors are what's required for me.

Ask for maintenance records!

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #13  
You can't go wrong with Kioti, they are awesome machines and very reliable.

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #14  
Eddie you may know about them already but Four Brothers in Terrel have been selling Kioti and New Holland for a while now. I get parts from them often.

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #15  
Really looking forward to hearing how the tractor works for you!

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #16  
I believe the DK has a Perkins Diesel and yes, all injection pumps are that expensive, don't matter what brand. The chances of you EVER replacing one are about as good as you winning the Powerball.

Back when I bought my first M9 in 2004, I looked hard at Kioti but the dealer presence wasn't here for me and Kubota was so I stuck with Kubota ( my 2 M9's are the 10th and 11th Kubota's I've owned). My screen name '5030' was one of the ones I owned prior to the M9's. That was a 5030 HSTC.

Eddie.. What I'd do is pay a visit to the dealer on a Sunday when they are closed and have a good look-see about the unit. Look it over carefully for leaks, damage and general wear like tires for instance. A new set of shoes will run you about 5 grand (front and rear) just for tires. If it looks good, go back when they are open and take it for a 'test drive' around the lot and makes sure it operates correctly and check things like the ac and steering. A tractor of that vintage, the ac might be an issue and a cab tractor with poor ac, especially where you live could be a big issue. If it has a loader on it, check the slop in the parallel linkage on the bucket and check the slop in the front axle. Those things will tell you right away if it was taken care of or run hard with minimal care. I'd also ask for any service records and I'd want the original owners manual too.

Keep in mind that pre 4 tractors are getting harder and harder to get (because they aren't made anymore so the used price on a pre 4 unit reflects that. I bought my second M9 (open station, 2002, with 6000 meter hours on it a year ago at a JD dealer 350 miles from here and I did a Sunday trip and went over it very carefully and stayed in a motel and went back on Monday and purchased it. In my case. I arranged with the JD dealer to deliver it to my Kubota dealer and I had them go through it completely. Cost me an extra 5 grand but the unit was 100% sound when I got it from them. needed some stuff like a front crank seal, the left outboard planetary needed rebuilt and some other odds and ends but I got a very serviceable unit and the VTE engines in the bigger Kubota's are basically bulletproof anyway. Had my dealer change all the fluids, all the filters too. Mine will need a new set of shoes, maybe next year (why I know what they cost). Ran the overhead, checked the injectors and even put it on the dyno and interestingly, it made 91 pto which is quite a bit more than the rated pto output for an M9, which are rated at 81 pto. It also came with the optional 12 speed and it was hydraulic shuttle and so is my cab M9. I won't run anything but a hydraulic shuttle because there is no dry clutch to worry about replacing and I do a lot of loader work with mine (loading and moving round bales and once you get 'tuned' into a hydraulic shuttle, they are wonderful, basically maintenance free transmissions.

In a way, I was lucky because the JD dealer really knew nothing about Kubota's (and I did) so I was able to negotiate a really good price. In fact, my Kubota dealer offered to buy it from me for 5 grand more than I had in it total. I did okay but I looked at it when no drummers were around before I went the second time and I paid cash for it too. No finance with me. I don't care for finance. I financed my first M9 cab tractor (2004) because I didn't have 52 grand laying around and back then Kubota didn't have their 0 percent financing.

Here it is, all pretty and going to work. Usually pulls the rake or my bat wing chopper.

Attachments

• 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
   / Your thoughts on this DK90 #17  
In my opinion, the M9000 series is the 4020 of Kubota. I like the old school square hood over the Euro style sloped hoods of today and it's your basic workhorse. Both of mine have 3 sets of remotes (you need to check that as well. I consider any tractor needing at least 2 sets minimum. My cab tractor has 3 plus flow control on the top set and I use that for running the hydraulic motor on my grain elevator. Think the only issue with the square hood is seeing where your loader is when the bucket or forks are low but I've developed a 'feel' for that issue and finally, would be noce of the tractor has the optional SSQA on the loader arms. Both mine do. The OS has the Kubota attachment, the cab tractor has the ATI SSQA. Both the same spacing so everything interchanges, no issue.

/ Your thoughts on this DK90
Eddie you may know about them already but Four Brothers in Terrel have been selling Kioti and New Holland for a while now. I get parts from them often.

Thank you for the link. I've driven past them before, but haven't seen their website in any of my searches. Mostly I look on TractorHouse and Machinery Pete for tractors in my area.

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #19  
TYM tractors use the Perkins brand engines, KIOTI uses Daedong engine line. They have been making diesels for some 65 - 70 years as i recall. I have 1400 trouble free hours on my DK45. And thankfully not tier 4. I think a new fuel injector for any line of tractor is a shocker of a price. Heck, i have to bend over if any of my F350 injectors have issues.

/ Your thoughts on this DK90 #20  
TYM tractors use the Perkins brand engines, KIOTI uses Daedong engine line. They have been making diesels for some 65 - 70 years as i recall. I have 1400 trouble free hours on my DK45. And thankfully not tier 4. I think a new fuel injector for any line of tractor is a shocker of a price. Heck, i have to bend over if any of my F350 injectors have issues.
I knew I saw Perkins somewhere. The DK 60 used a Perkins diesel in early models.