Attachments

• IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    677.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    576.2 KB · Views: 269
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,042  
My new tow rig! Waiting on an adjustable drop hitch before hooking up the trailer.

11328804_10153235454795708_200989554_n.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,044  
Sure are some mighty fine rigs on this thread... It would take me hitting the lotto and having inside storage before I could add one to my fleet... 1985 G20, 1991 Silverado Styleside and 96 F150 Extended with 4wd.

Ultrarunner... at least 20 years behind the times...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,046  
Oh, that is a beauty!! What engine, and what options?

Thanks! I'm in love with that color! Only saw it in pics online, never in personal until I passed one yesterday, and picked mine up today. Feels like I have 3 different colors depending on lighting. And dust. :(

It's the 3.5L Ecoboost (365hp, 420ft-lbs), 6.5ft bed, 302A equipment package (heated mirrors and seats, bed lights, puddle lights, remote start, few other goodies), max tow, factory spray-in liner, 18" PVD wheels, twin panel moon roof, FX4 package, 3.55 locking rear axle. It'll spin the tires in sport mode on a rolling start (basically once it hits 1700-ish RPM where 90% of the torque kicks in), so I need to be gentle with that! :D Don't wanna be buying new ones for a while.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,049  
Thanks! I'm in love with that color! Only saw it in pics online, never in personal until I passed one yesterday, and picked mine up today. Feels like I have 3 different colors depending on lighting. And dust. :(

It's the 3.5L Ecoboost (365hp, 420ft-lbs), 6.5ft bed, 302A equipment package (heated mirrors and seats, bed lights, puddle lights, remote start, few other goodies), max tow, factory spray-in liner, 18" PVD wheels, twin panel moon roof, FX4 package, 3.55 locking rear axle. It'll spin the tires in sport mode on a rolling start (basically once it hits 1700-ish RPM where 90% of the torque kicks in), so I need to be gentle with that! :D Don't wanna be buying new ones for a while.

Yeah, it looks great -- I could see myself owning that truck! (other than the current truck sitting in my driveway that isn't going to wear out anytime soon).

Glad to see you got the 6.5' bed -- I think it's a good match for crew cab models, and has been a good compromise in my experience. Still long enough for lumber and a lot of other loads.

Be sure to keep us posted on gas mileage, etc, as time goes on.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,050  
Very nice!

Thanks! I'm really excited. MAJOR step up from the 2006 Tacoma I traded for it! :D

Yeah, it looks great -- I could see myself owning that truck! (other than the current truck sitting in my driveway that isn't going to wear out anytime soon).

Glad to see you got the 6.5' bed -- I think it's a good match for crew cab models, and has been a good compromise in my experience. Still long enough for lumber and a lot of other loads.

Be sure to keep us posted on gas mileage, etc, as time goes on.

That's the exact reason I got the 6.5' bed! I had a 5' bed Tacoma, and got tired of ALL the building materials hanging off the tailgate! I didn't even THINK about trying to haul 12' anything without the trailer! At least now with the tailgate down I should be able to feet 8' in the bed, and only have 4' hang off if I do 12' lumber. (I should probably measure this instead of eyeballing it!) I need to build a deck for our pool, so lumber is on the way. I managed to get 2x4's and hot water baseboard radiators in the Tacoma, but it always made me nervous hanging off the back.

Now I just need to get used to the increase turn radius! haha Both the cab and bed are longer on this truck so it doesn't turn around in quite the same footprint as the last truck. Wish I'd gotten pics comparing the two, but by the time the detail guys were done my kids were driving me nuts so we shook hands and headed for food.

I reset most(?) of the counters before leaving the lot due to rumors of high idle time at the factory, but there's so many trip/DTE/MPG readouts that I probably missed like 3 of them during the reset. Anyway, after putting 115 miles on it in back country roads, rolling hills, never above 60 (except for maybe a couple "what's she do with the hammer down?" runs), lots of stop signs it was averaging above 18mpg. (For reference, my 4.0 V6 Tacoma was consistently high 17's.) It's down to low 17's now after a couple more spirited runs with a friend who never thought he'd see me in a Ford. Either way, it seems to be doing better than the last truck despite having an additional 129HP and 154ft-lbs of torque. Which makes me very happy! :D