Your well respected opinions please! - Re-Dux..

/ Your well respected opinions please! - Re-Dux.. #1  

bobidy

Tractor
yanmar 1610D
I have a 1610D that has a cracked block as far as I can tell. Have replaced several parts & had head vated & milled. New bolts & injectors re packed & still get water in oil.. didn't & don't have the will or tools to fix it. Several new parts pump, belt, regulator, ignition sw & more.

Has a koker 80 loader on it that works fine & Looks good. Tires not great and paint faded. Power shift trans never gave any probs.

Any Ideas on it's ball park worth?

Has been setting for almost 2 yrs no water in block & new oil in engine have started & ran it for 20 min or so 3 times in that period.

Always starts & runs fine. A little water in oil each time. Oil drained & replaced each time. Block drained and plug left open with filter in hole to keep out bugs. Im' a hermit! Don't do face book, don't like Craig's list.

Like people one on one, but not in general. Would like to sell cheap enough that some one will consider the risk worth the chance, but not give it away.

If your opinions anywhere near the cost of turf tire rims & tires from Hoye for a 1510 D I will try to see if they are interested. You'r opinions welcomed.

/ Your well respected opinions please! - Re-Dux.. #2  
why not goto your local auto parts store and buy the best block sealer you can get. you have a great chance it will work and then you wont have to sell it

/ Your well respected opinions please! - Re-Dux..
why not goto your local auto parts store and buy the best block sealer you can get. you have a great chance it will work and then you wont have to sell it
Thank you for your thoughts. I bought a 1510 D to replace the 1610 D it was a very good price and in excellent condition. I am limited as to what I can do nowadays & do not have the equipment or help to split the tractor and pull the motor. Most 'on board' repairs I can do. Limited on funds also. I would rather leave the tractor as is and let the buyer (I hope) decide how to repair it. I would be interested in a ball park salvage value if you have any knowledge of that.

/ Your well respected opinions please! - Re-Dux.. #4  
With the loader, and you can run it to demo it, I would expect maybe $2k and up depending on eye appeal. Worst case it will cost the next owner another couple thousand before its back in service if he really needs to find a block. And anyone who would buy it with the known problem is going to figure worst-case, in what he offers you.

Anyhow, that's how I would price it as seller or buyer. It will be interesting to see what kind of offers you get.

I don't think you can avoid using local Craigslist and being buried in idiots before you find a buyer. Maybe Facebook?