YT235 Experiences and Opinions

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #21  
Hi all!

I am looking at the Yanmar YT235. Unfortunately, I am finding very little in the way of reviews. Those of you that have a YT235, what has been your experience so far? Any issues that have required a trip to the dealer to fix? Any known issues with these tractors yet? All the dealers are 50min to 1.5 hours from me. I would have to get someone to haul the tractor for me if it needed to go back to the dealer for warranty work. As everyone else I am sure, I would prefer not to buy a tractor that could potentially need to go back to the dealer fairly often; especially since I have no way to haul it myself.

I have been to 3 different Yanmar dealers so far. I have seen cash prices advertised (far from my area) for as low as $21,100 and have been quoted cash prices as much as $23,800. Yanmar, between the tractor and loader only has $1500 in rebates on the YT235 right now. Anyone have any insight into if that is a small rebate or a big rebate on the YT235. When y'all bought was the rebate more or less? I am not opposed to waiting a little while if Yanmar usually rolls out better rebates later in the spring or summer. Anyone have an opinion on a good price for a YT235 with R4's and loader?

Thanks in advance!
Yanmar has been making tractors for John Deere for over 20 years and I read some place they make diesel engines for over 75 different tractors
making diesels for over 100 years.

I tried out a YT 235 fantastic machine so easy to drive and all the controls are at your finger tips. Seat is really good as I hit some pretty big bumps and no back pain. Seat has adjustable arm rests so you can adjust the arm rest so the bucket joy stick is comfortable in your hand.

If you want a backhoe or grapple with your tractor you order it when you order your tractor so its factory installed.

I just ordered a YT 235C with backhoe, cab, bucket, tiller and a brush hog and have to wait for 6 weeks to get it. backhoe and cab expensive but I'm 81 and me and shovels don't see eye to eye any more. I have looked at a lot of tractors and I like this one the best.

Yanmar makes the whole tractor and the warranty is 10 years.

willy

Last edited:
   / YT235 Experiences and Opinions #22  
Those are good prices. List in my area for a 235 and loader is 29,999 right now. Mine is 2 1/2 years old and for the first two years was problematic to say the least. Most major parts were replaced, some after a lot of argument with Yanmar. It has been reliable for the last six months. You will wait for parts when fixed under warranty, sometimes several weeks. I like the tractor when it is running. The bottom line is would I buy another 235? That answer is no. I might consider another Yanmar but I would compare it to other brands before making the leap. I will have it paid off in about six months and it will be going down the road soon after. Good luck in your tractor search.

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #23  
You don't see very many Yanmar tractors for sale so there must be a reason for that.

Has anyone seen this:

willy

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #24  
Thanks for info on YT235 and MMM. We are in the market for a CUT with a factory cab, MMM, and backhoe (hard combo to find in Pacific NW). Currently use our Deere X595 (no cab) mainly to blow tree debris off of 1/2 mi of gravel driveway throughout the year (snow rare here but it gets cold and rainy so a heated cab would be nice) and mowing 4 out of our 16 very hilly, Douglas fir wooded acres in the summer. Loader and box blade for maintaining gravel driveway. Deere X595 is really not powerful enough to run our Bear Cat chipper. And we have backhoe projects in mind. Plus dreams of a small blueberry farm in the near future. So looking to go bigger.

Looked at Deere 2 (no cab) and 3 series (to big), Kubota, Branson (no cab MMM). Then went to look at New Hollands (Boomer 40 cab but no MMM and rather big). At the New Holland dealer I noticed a Yanmar TY235 (ROPS, haven't seen a cab version, can't locate one in WA state). Dealer said it could take several weeks to get parts but (me, the wife) fell in love with the overall design, fit and finish, deep red and gold/green wheel paint colors, and overall size. Seems a good match for us.

Questions:

1. Does the YT235 Cab work with MMM and a backhoe? Saw one older post that said backhoe frame had to come off for MMM use but Yanmar site lets us build with MMM and backhoe ... can anyone confirm if this has been redesigned to work together?

2. Will the rear wheel spacers work with the MMM?

3. Also want to get a Grapple: a Factory 3rd function value is on brochure but Yanmar online build site doesn't let me build it with it. Would like it factory installed with it integrated into the joystick (like the picture on the brochure) rather than dealer strapped on control on the joystick.

4. Any experience (+ or -) with the DPF regen?

Thanks in advance!
I ordered the YT235C and in the brochure after 50 hours a light on the dash will come on and you push the magic button for 3 seconds and
keep on working

don't know how the MMM could interfere with the backhoe as the deck
don't go under the tires.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5issnMciEP4

willy

Last edited:
   / YT235 Experiences and Opinions #25  
You don't see very many Yanmar tractors for sale so there must be a reason for that.

Has anyone seen this:

willy
There is. It's because not many people purchase Yanmar tractors in the first place, ergo not many listed for sale.

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #26  
Perhaps the people who purchase Yanmar tractors don't have
problems with them and they keep them.

willy

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #27  
Perhaps the people who purchase Yanmar tractors don't have
problems with them and they keep them.

willy
Since you're shilling for Yanmar while waiting for yours, why don't you report back on your experiences, once you put it into service?

Hopefully you'll have better luck than Mauser12 is having with his.

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #28  
Mauser12 his tractor is fine now.

According to reviews, some Kubota tractors have mechanical issues. They tend to run roughly and not even changing the filters or fuel pumps seems to offer a permanent solution. The tractor works well for a few hours and starts running roughly again.

Other reviews state that Kubota tractors have poor wiring. Worn-out cables are visible, and they easily get damaged within the first couple of hours. They are also risky to work with since tires often part ways with the rims. Other consumers complain that the tractors have to go through coolant every day. The fact that filters fill up before regeneration begins leads to poor fuel consumption.

Consumers complain of the pitch hydraulic noise, since it is irritating to their ears and could possibly cause major damage to the ears. In general, they find Kubota tractors as the worst in the market. The dealers and manufacturers are also not keen to cater to the needs of their clients.
Other problems include steering lockups, loss of speed, loader drifting, pitch hydraulic noise and premature part failure. In shop for over 2 weeks and Kubota cannot send a replacement to the dealer because tractor is a new model and all computers are being installed in new builds. No spares available. Way to go kubota. The latest review Water in motor without being exposed to any water other than natural rainfall was posted on Apr 12, 2021. The latest complaint rude was resolved on Jul 17, 2012. Kubota has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 49 reviews. I also read where brand new LS tractors it took only 10 minutes for a problem and another guy said same thing happened to him.
Like I said all tractors can have problems. The customer is calling Kubota the WORST on the market and look at the rating of 1 whole
star from 49 reviews. and this might just be from one person and may be the other 48 didn't want to respond who knows???
I could list a whole lot more but you get the picture as you could
probably make a list of all the tractors and there problems but it doesn't mean that someone who purchases a tractor will have the
same problems they may not have any problems. I don't like to see anyone with tractor problems as that means down time and usually big bucks!!!!

willy

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #29  
Mauser12 his tractor is fine now.

According to reviews, some Kubota tractors have mechanical issues. They tend to run roughly and not even changing the filters or fuel pumps seems to offer a permanent solution. The tractor works well for a few hours and starts running roughly again.

Other reviews state that Kubota tractors have poor wiring. Worn-out cables are visible, and they easily get damaged within the first couple of hours. They are also risky to work with since tires often part ways with the rims. Other consumers complain that the tractors have to go through coolant every day. The fact that filters fill up before regeneration begins leads to poor fuel consumption.

Consumers complain of the pitch hydraulic noise, since it is irritating to their ears and could possibly cause major damage to the ears. In general, they find Kubota tractors as the worst in the market. The dealers and manufacturers are also not keen to cater to the needs of their clients.
Other problems include steering lockups, loss of speed, loader drifting, pitch hydraulic noise and premature part failure. In shop for over 2 weeks and Kubota cannot send a replacement to the dealer because tractor is a new model and all computers are being installed in new builds. No spares available. Way to go kubota. The latest review Water in motor without being exposed to any water other than natural rainfall was posted on Apr 12, 2021. The latest complaint rude was resolved on Jul 17, 2012. Kubota has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 49 reviews. I also read where brand new LS tractors it took only 10 minutes for a problem and another guy said same thing happened to him.
Like I said all tractors can have problems. The customer is calling Kubota the WORST on the market and look at the rating of 1 whole
star from 49 reviews. and this might just be from one person and may be the other 48 didn't want to respond who knows???
I could list a whole lot more but you get the picture as you could
probably make a list of all the tractors and there problems but it doesn't mean that someone who purchases a tractor will have the
same problems they may not have any problems. I don't like to see anyone with tractor problems as that means down time and usually big bucks!!!!

willy

I'm not taking sides here, but maybe because, in the small tractor segment, Kubota has more tractors out there than all the rest combined.

/ YT235 Experiences and Opinions #30  
I was about to cross Yanmar off my list because I've read of more than a few problems.

I gotta wonder, isn't one of their claims to fame supposed to be that they're 'made in America'? So I got to checking and it seems their new plant in Adairsville is a leftover from the Cub Cadet misadventure. Don't know what happened there.

But I could see where a new plant, all new employees, new managers, new -- Everything, might have some trouble initially.

Some kinks in parts, some ill-trained assemblers, some managers who shouldn't be managing.... I could see it.

Don't kknow. Stumbling out of the blocks isn't a good way to win a race.