YT235 PTO not turning on

/ YT235 PTO not turning on #1  

cabover4us

Silver Member
Tractor
1987 john deere 855 sold and bought a YT235 Yanmar, love this tractor
Well been dealing with this 36" plus of snow mother nature dropped on us. My 3/4 ton chevy couldnt push that much snow. Road was only one car wide, so mounted 60" snowblower used for 2 or 3 hours on road opening her up. Was using machine with the passengers side towards the snow with PTO round knob being engulfed in snow from wall if snow. Then PTO shut off and I couldnt get it to restart. Pull in bay of garage was able to turn shaft after clearing auger the fan, turned fine, not lightly but drag on the line. The sellection knob on the left shows rear, mid, or both, but light on dash is on when I engage or turn the knob to run, light on, nothing working.
Also unbelievable how this tractor equipped snowblower unit devoured snow, half cuts, snow going over the top leaving another 10" trail I was driving over. Back up 10, 20 feet forward to clean up trails. No clunk no bang, no bogging down, just the roar of the engine and the deep basey drone of the blower eating snow. Do you think the snow on the pto switch compromised the switch or the selector knob out of or not completely engaged?
Will look at it this morning now that daylight is here.

/ YT235 PTO not turning on
Well been dealing with this 36" plus of snow mother nature dropped on us. My 3/4 ton chevy couldnt push that much snow. Road was only one car wide, so mounted 60" snowblower used for 2 or 3 hours on road opening her up. Was using machine with the passengers side towards the snow with PTO round knob being engulfed in snow from wall if snow. Then PTO shut off and I couldnt get it to restart. Pull in bay of garage was able to turn shaft after clearing auger the fan, turned fine, not lightly but drag on the line. The sellection knob on the left shows rear, mid, or both, but light on dash is on when I engage or turn the knob to run, light on, nothing working.
Also unbelievable how this tractor equipped snowblower unit devoured snow, half cuts, snow going over the top leaving another 10" trail I was driving over. Back up 10, 20 feet forward to clean up trails. No clunk no bang, no bogging down, just the roar of the engine and the deep basey drone of the blower eating snow. Do you think the snow on the pto switch compromised the switch or the selector knob out of or not completely engaged?
Update to the 3pt arm chains hitting the backhoe mount was revolved by updated longer chains with longer threaded portions sames to fine now, using snowblower with no lifting or dropping issues.

Update to the 3pt arm chains hitting the backhoe mount was revolved by updated longer chains with longer threaded portions sames to fine now, using snowblower with no lifting or dropping issues.
One more thing, I should have invested in all 4 tire chains, these R-4s are a struggle to keep from getting stuck. I'm not speaking of deep into a pile or wall of snow I'm speaking of doing turns around in the middle of road. So a little frustrated. Pickup stuck, tractor stuck, repeat 2 more times. Am taking pictures of tire sidewalls to matchup tire chains today. Good grief.

How do I delete all these duplicate posts

Its now working again, go figure....