YT235C - Radio

/ YT235C - Radio #1  

Pinch

Tractor
JD950, Kubota L4610, Kubota B2620
Well I did it and bought a new YT235C. So far, I really like it and I feel spoiled in that cab. I'd like to install a radio - something good - that I can link to my phone. Any suggestions? I don't know the form factor but the slot is there and I assume the connectors are behind the plate.

my-yanmar.jpg

/ YT235C - Radio #2  
Pinch
Congratulations on your new machine!
I have the YT235C great machine. I have the a/c/heat
set to the inside filter. Don't take very long to get heat
and the a/c is very fast. To check the oil I am going to
lower the hoses that are right next to the dip stick as
where they are now very hard to see. Is yours the same?

willy

/ YT235C - Radio #3  
Most folks install an inexpensive radio in the tractor because of noise issues. You can find loads of single DIN radios that have bluetooth compatibility for about $40, or nice ones for $100 to $200. Many tractor owners install power noise suppression filters so that the alternator doesn't impact the radio. With the bluetooth on your radio you can stream music and enjoy hands free phone service if your cellular provider has bluetooth.

/ YT235C - Radio #4  
   / YT235C - Radio
Pinch
Congratulations on your new machine!
I have the YT235C great machine. I have the a/c/heat
set to the inside filter. Don't take very long to get heat
and the a/c is very fast. To check the oil I am going to
lower the hoses that are right next to the dip stick as
where they are now very hard to see. Is yours the same?

willy
Hi Willy,

Mine is exactly the same. Once you have the dipstick out it is very hard to see the hole. When you say you set the ac/hear to the inside filter, do you mean the recirculation lever overhead? The one where you choose whether to bring in outside air or recirculate?

/ YT235C - Radio
Most folks install an inexpensive radio in the tractor because of noise issues. You can find loads of single DIN radios that have bluetooth compatibility for about $40, or nice ones for $100 to $200. Many tractor owners install power noise suppression filters so that the alternator doesn't impact the radio. With the bluetooth on your radio you can stream music and enjoy hands free phone service if your cellular provider has bluetooth.
Thanks Rich. That's what I want to do. I was wondering if I can get a bluetooth headphone which would allow me to listen while also protecting hearing and canceling noise?

/ YT235C - Radio
   / YT235C - Radio
Yes! A similar quick-guide came with my docs.
One thing I am still trying to understand is the relationship between the dash throttle lever and the drive pedal. Where do you set you throttle lever (rpm) when running the PTO?

/ YT235C - Radio #9  
2600 rpm is needed for the 540 rpm PTO
The throttle lever on the dash is different from the
foot pedal. The throttle on the dash keeps the rpm's
up so your PTO is running at 540 rpm's and the foot
pedal controls your speed so you can go faster or
slower as you don't want to be going full speed when
your tilling or cutting grass. Makes sense??

willy

/ YT235C - Radio
The throttle lever on the dash is different from the
foot pedal. The throttle on the dash keeps the rpm's
up so your PTO is running at 540 rpm's and the foot
pedal controls your speed so you can go faster or
slower as you don't want to be going full speed when
your tilling or cutting grass. Makes sense??

willy
Yes i think so. I do set my throttle to around 2600rpm when running the rear PTO. How about when using the loader (no PTO)? Where do you set your rpms?

Last edited: