Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year.

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #31  
We just had our first boiled seafood dinner of the year. It's not crawfish season (my favorite season) yet so the Louisiana wild crawfish are a little small yet but I managed to pick out the biggest ones and gobble them down before I took this photo. The Louisiana blue crab was seasoned well and pretty good too. The Maine lobsters cooked in crab boil were also better than the ones we usually get at restaurants.

The 1 1/4 pound Maine boiled lobsters were $10 each. On my trips to Maine I always expected to see them cheaper there but always found them much more expensive. Maybe it's because I went to tourist traps and not where the locals eat. How much do you Mainers usually pay for boiled lobsters?

View attachment 682449

If you are in Maine, you can use 5 personal traps, with another 5 for your spouse.
Maine lobsters are generally plentiful, so you likely cannot eat as many as you catch.

In Mass. you can have 10 traps per family, but the inshore lobsters are generally not as plentiful.
My adult son brings 'em home to me,...... like a cat does with mice.

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #32  
MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1530840930276.jpg_1530840934072.jpeg
Two day shrimping trip in Alaska. Three gallon pail but I gave away 2 - 1 gallon freezer bags before I got home.

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #33  
If you are in Maine, you can use 5 personal traps, with another 5 for your spouse.
Maine lobsters are generally plentiful, so you likely cannot eat as many as you catch.

In Mass. you can have 10 traps per family, but the inshore lobsters are generally not as plentiful.
My adult son brings 'em home to me,...... like a cat does with mice.

:thumbsup: you lucky guy fried . . .

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year.
:thumbsup: I think the "Jefferson Airplane" had a song about such.

Yes it was White Rabbit which was originally recorded on the flip side of Somebody to Love. After it became a greater hit it was recorded again as the main side.

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #37  
I love sea food. Heck - I love food. Sea food and red meat do not like me. Uric acid > gout. I can eat both but have to seriously limit my intake. If I ate an entire Maine lobster - my big toe would be objecting for several days. That's just the way it is for me .........

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #38  
I love sea food. Heck - I love food. Sea food and red meat do not like me. Uric acid > gout. I can eat both but have to seriously limit my intake. If I ate an entire Maine lobster - my big toe would be objecting for several days. That's just the way it is for me .........

Strange how that works.
I have had gout for years, and take 100mg. of Allopurinol every day.
I can eat two lobsters (I love 'em) in a day with no problem.
I can eat red meat also (I love fillet).
I basically eat high uric acid foods in moderation.
I can even drink an infrequent beer (I enjoy a beer).
But...... occasionally I do have a (usually) mild gout flare.
Probably from a particular combination of food choices.

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #39  
I will occasionally get a message from my one big toe. Lets me know that I'm right on the limit. If I were to totally indulge - the resulting pain is almost unbearable.

fried1765 - you are fortunate - I am jealous.

/ Yum! My first boiled seafood of the year. #40  
I will occasionally get a message from my one big toe. Lets me know that I'm right on the limit. If I were to totally indulge - the resulting pain is almost unbearable.

fried1765 - you are fortunate - I am jealous.

Oh......I certainly do get the occasional message from my big toe as well.
When that happens, I take a small dose of Prednisone.

I take 2mg. daily for arthritis issues, so with the toe warning, I then take a total of 5mg. per day for 3 days, and it decides to give up on it's attack.
I know Prednisone is kinda bad stuff, but he11, I am 80 years old, and the dosage is very low.

For a REALLY bad attack there is a Prednisone dose pack, with dosage starting out somewhat high, and decreasing to zero over a very few days.
It works rapidly, and works great, but should not be used frequently.
The VA provides a Prednisone dose pack for me to keep on standby.