Z-Force 60 S question

/ Z-Force 60 S question #11  
Just my 2 cents...but I have a Z-Force 44....bought it about 2 months ago...I got it with the Cub mulching kit installed when I picked it up....so far so good. Very pleased with the mulching..both with the grass and the leaves. My old mower was a Cub 2160 with the triple bagger. I used to get 30 to 40 bags in the fall...so far this fall, haven't had to touch a bag. I can't believe how well the mulcher works on the leaves. Will have to wait and see how it does with the thick, heavy grass in the spring.

Good Luck with your new machine.
Dan in Illinois

/ Z-Force 60 S question #12  
5 weeks for a stupid solenoid? I'd wire in a generic Ford starter solenoid and be done with it, but it's a new machine and I could understand wanting to keep it OEM.

soarski, in regards to the mulching kit, for the Fab'd 44" on the regular Z-Force, it's a bolt on kit, so once it's on, it's on unless you want to do some disassembling. I believe you've got the sloped nose 44" on your "S", but I'd *think* it's the same kit.

Joel

/ Z-Force 60 S question #13  
Hi All. Owned a Z-Force S 48" commercial for 2 weeks. The forward and reverse pedals stick and the mower will not come to a stop when you lift your foot....very dangerous...needless to say. The dealer is going to pick it up to look at it. Has anyone else had this issue?

/ Z-Force 60 S question #14  
I've never owned a foot pedal (motion/speed) controlled mower that came to an instant and complete stop when you let off the 'go' pedal.

They all have a hydraulic dampener installed to prevent a jerky and instant stop from happening for safety reasons. Yours may have a problem with the dampener strut.

With all foot pedal hydros, you often have to feather the reverse pedal to maintain a stop or stop quickly. That's the way it was for my Z-Force 44" Fab as well. You had to pull back on the lap bars for a panic stop, or to keep from rolling forward on an incline.

Joel

/ Z-Force 60 S question #15  
Thanks for your input JTKub....the dampener is something to look at I suspect. I will post when the dealer gives me some feedback. These steering wheel model zero turn mowers have a real complicated set of controls/tie rods etc. The steering gear also sends input to the rear wheel hydraulic drives. I hope Cub Cadet has it properly figured out at this point. At this point the only way to stop the forward motion is to "tap" the seperate reverse pedal and then the machine comes to a violent stop.