z turn advice

/ z turn advice #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
First of all, i know there is a thread about zturns but after reading it for 2 weeks, i can't find it. I've searched etc. I'm not good at this kinda thing...at all, a man needs a maid.

Sorry.

I just found a virtually new Gravely Z turn, zt xl, 52 inch, kawi motor. 10 hours, 6 months old, 2021 model.

The guy bought it and wants to go back to his old fashioned lawn tractor. I really can't question his motive, true or not, no way to know. That's part of buying used. He assured me it will remain under warranty.

I can say that ......... i bought a full sized van years ago. Had the captains chairs etc. I hated it and sold it in 9 months so, i guess it happens.

They retail at about $5500 +/-. He's selling at $4500 but has told me he can make me a pretty good deal. I'm thinking i can buy it for $4K.

Any comments re gravely in general and this deal specifically?

Thx in advance!

/ z turn advice #2  
Strictly from an “investment“ standpoint, sounds like you’d be fine. Way ahead of the same purchase if it were new. Id want to make a call to the local dealer and verify the warranty is valid and poke around to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid to it (run it out of oil, dust the air intake, etc)

/ z turn advice #3  
If you contact the dealer about the warranty transferring, you might want to consider having him give it a good inspection...Might be $100-150 well spent.

I would buy it for a saving of over $1000.

/ z turn advice #4  
The Simplicity dealer near me is also a Gravely dealer. He had some in the showroom when i was looking at mine. He said they are very good machines and other than parts for them are crazy expensive he said they have a good rep. No suspension on it though. That might have been why he decided to sell. A ZTR can be a bumpy ride on a bumpy field. That's why i bought the Simplicity Citation XL instead. Full suspension so you can cut at full throttle!

/ z turn advice #5  
I'm not familiar with that particular mower but maybe the guy is in the same boat as me. I recently bought a kubota zg222 from a friend and sold it pretty quickly. Main reason is it was so incredibly dusty that I hated using the machine. I went back to my old rider too.

/ z turn advice #6  
A good deal depends on your application. Is your property a fine lawn or repurposed pasture? Mine is the latter. I replaced a forty year old Deines with a Toro Titan 60 inch with MyRide seat suspension. Never going back to a regular rider or ZT without some form of suspension. MyRide is like mowing while riding in your recliner.

/ z turn advice #7  
I’ve had Gravely and they are nice machines. I’d still have Gravely but the dealer closed and the next closest dealer is too far away.

Have you driven it and listened to the engine? If it sounds fine, drives fine and the motor oil and hydro look good, I’d verify the warranty (as recommended above) and feel pretty good about the deal.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ z turn advice #8  
Tractorhouse shows $4200-$4500 new. What options made it worth $5500?

/ z turn advice
Thx, i don't think it has any thing extra.

I shopped but didn't see it at those prices.

I will look again

/ z turn advice
just checked and you are right, lowest i saw was about $4200. The ad also said, ship for as low as $900. I have seen them retailed for the low $5000 range.

Many thx. I'm going to shop the local Gravely dealer today and make a decesion.

I appreciate all the advice.