Z726 NOT MOVING....

/ Z726 NOT MOVING.... #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
Late night mowing, I stopped to move a branch, when I got back on the mower is not going anywhere. The hydo's felt hard.

I look it over, and under it, there is a broken spring, just hanging there, obviously a tension type.

I can see where it is hanging from, an arm apparatus, but I cannot figure out the other end. Where does it go to?

Looks like part k3811-13110 or -13112.

/ Z726 NOT MOVING....
Agree, Where does it connect to since it is dangling there, do I need a special tool or can I pull it with pliers if I figure out where it attaches to?

/ Z726 NOT MOVING....
Agree, Where does it connect to since it is dangling there, do I need a special tool or can I pull it with pliers if I figure out where it attaches to?
Got the spring. Visited dealer. No parts diagrams show where the spring connected to on one end. Upon seeing a brand new 60 inch deck on what passes for a 726...I crawled under it. Spring connects to the frame... by the muffler. I wonder if the heat had something to do with the failure?

Anyway new spring and I just came in from mowing. All seems to be good. Looks like the spring replacement is a different blend of metal too.

/ Z726 NOT MOVING.... #5  
nothing like a relatively easy fix. Wonder if something got snagged on it or just metal fatigue?
with the way our lawns are growing right now, good thing it's fixed!