ZD 1211 Bagging System

/ ZD 1211 Bagging System #1  

Dooie

Tractor
Kubota ZD 1211
I have both the ZD 326 60 inch deck mower and a new ZD 1211 72 inch deck mower. Purchased a bagging hopper with blower for the 326 and want to mount this unit to the newer ZD 1211. My local Kubota dealer isn't helpful in making this work. Can anyone say if it can be mounted and what parts I may need to make the unit work on the 1211. The YouTube videos selling the bagger on the 1211 looks just like the mounting on the 326. Thank you for any reply.

/ ZD 1211 Bagging System #2  
I know this is a 4 month old post, but I had the similar problem/question trying to use a Kubota Bagging system from a 60" Z726 mower on a new ZD1211. I know you want to move between ZDs, but this may help.

To answer your original question, it's probably can be done, but it takes some new parts and some fabricating skills. You can find parts diagrams of the various sub-assemblies of the ZD1211 bagging system online. The 1211 uses a similar (not identical) GCK60 blower, similar (not identical) rear bagging system, etc. I spent several weeks over the winter with the help of a friend who is a Kubota Parts manager, and needed to replace/modify the following:

- Blower PVC bottom chute needs to be replaced with a larger 1211 one due to the size difference of the mower discharge and larger gap between the blower and deck.
- Need the new 1211 pivot hinge and front catch ($200) to attach the blower to the deck.
- Need to replace the right side mower pulley ($350) as the 1211 uses a double wide blade-pulley system.
- Need a variety of longer bolts and hardware parts, v-belt, etc.
- Need to fabricate (or purchase a new) 1211 rear-mount for the bagger, as there are limited mounting points to hold the bagger. Several of the bagger supports need to be modified to be able to install and remove the bagger.
- Need to remove the middle bag and replace it with a flat panel so it will go over the rear engine cover.
- Need a longer 6" tube to connect blower and bagger, etc. etc.

After a few weeks of trial and error, attempting to re-use some of my old bagger mounts and hardware, and buying (and returning with a restock fee) a variety of specific parts, I decided it wasn't worth it and just ordered the ZD1211 hopper bagging system. Not sure if this is any help, may be easier to do between two more similar ZD units.

Last edited:
   / ZD 1211 Bagging System #3  
@KennyR
I have been toying with the idea of adding a Kubota bagger to either my zd326 or zd1211 for fall leaves. Do you mind saying what the zd1211 bagger ran you?

/ ZD 1211 Bagging System #4  
I quit bagging ages ago. Now I cut it - then round and round. Blow it into a single row. Rake it up and done. By the time all the grass is in a single row - most has been chopped to bits and is mixed in with the standing grass.

I have no leaves. Just pine needles. They don't blow into rows for beans. So.. they get chopped up in subsequent mowings.