ZD-21 ABSURDITY

/ ZD-21 ABSURDITY #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
Geez, this really takes the cake........

At the end of mowing season last year, I removed all three blades and ground new edges on them.

I've taken the ZD-21 out a couple of times in the last few weeks to touch up some areas this Spring and noticed the cut was not very good? For some reason, the center cut was fine but the two outer cuts were ragged and required another pass over to trim thing up properly. No big deal but it took more time and energy to mow.

I got to thinking about it and deceided to check the heavy duty 60" ProDeck underneath. Everything appeared fine, blades were on tight and nothing out of the ordinary. Until I noticed the center blade had a different geometry than the two outside blades. Upon closer inspection, I was able to determine that the center blade was correctly installed, however the two outer blades were both UPSIDE DOWN!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Holy mackeral, does it cut allot better with all three blades installed properly! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just call me DUMB. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ZD-21 ABSURDITY #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just call me DUMB. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

No, not dumb, just human.

Glad you found the problem. I would have probably mowed all Summer with them upside down.

Bill Tolle

/ ZD-21 ABSURDITY #3  
Hmmm... I recommend no beer when you play with blades /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ZD-21 ABSURDITY #4  
That would cut down on sharping. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ZD-21 ABSURDITY #5  
I did that with a push mower twice in a row. You know pull of the balde and flip it over and then flip it over one more time before you put it on /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif