ZD Transmission PSB-2005 -001-A

/ ZD Transmission PSB-2005 -001-A #1  

Ob1kubota

Gold Member
What's up with failed charge pumps and abrasive wear levels of the HST manifold face. Come on you tech junkies speak up or forever let Kubota snow you!

/ ZD Transmission PSB-2005 -001-A
Okay let me simplify this.... If you own a ZD Series Kubota 18 21 or 28 below serial number 59999 and you are experiencing any of the following contact your Dealer immediately..

A. Sluggish or low hydrostatic drive power of either LH/RH or both HST's

B. Contaminated Transmission oil. ( Metal and/or Aluminum particles on the suction screen )

C. Oil leak at the input shaft of the HST ( short shaft from motor HST seal )

D. Poor deck lifting performance.( could be internal bypass too )

E. Unusual Transmission noise. ( excessive whining ) Human groans don't count.

/ ZD Transmission PSB-2005 -001-A #3  
There's an old thread over on Lawnsite that someone just replied to last night so I got reminded of it. I asked on it last year what the serial number cutoff for the problem was and never got an answer. Also, someone stated in it that Kubota extended the warranty on the problem transmissions to 4 years. I don't know how accurate any of this is. How did you find out about the serial number?

Tom I started asking questions to my Dealer Parts Supplier ( who I might add advertises on this Forum ) and they came clean with several upgrades. I found a mixture of chips on the suction screen during the 200 hour HST service and 12 hours later more metal after a second check. My ZD S/N 30310 is in the middle of this failure range. The serial number range 0 - 59999 is indicated in a chart at the bottom of the first page of the PSB. What I don't like about it is Kubota notified the Dealers only on their Extranet site and never notified the specific owners about what could happen. My machine is out by time with low hours and no body is coming to the party.

/ ZD Transmission PSB-2005 -001-A #5  
You don't fall within the 4 year window? That sucks. I checked my s/n this morning and it is 60552. Looks like I'm ok. We are talking the mower s/n and not the transmission aren't we?

Yes Tom its the Tractor or chassis serial number that Kubota ties the PSB to.
You have the upgraded breather system that the service engineers found to be a major source of intake contamination to the case reservoir. I'm doing my best to raise awareness with owners to approach Kubota Corporate Sales for an incentive for loyal customers who have faithfully maintained the earlier models according to scheduled maintenance and have experenced failures or loss of HST power for a Trade in buy down on the new improved stage two upgrades or a KFC special interest loan for an outright trade for a new unit.
Dealers of course have a major interest in repeat customer business but may take a hit on hold back to participate. Wish me luck on my three hundred plus
Kubota Rental Fleet purchasing power... they have to listen or start seeing more green at my 13 different parent Companies service facilities. Thanks for letting me vent...Old Ob1...