ZD1211 work lights?

/ ZD1211 work lights? #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
Anyone installed any?
I was told there is a factory plug to tie into. ive found the optional fuse and wire on the fuse box but havent found it yet on the harness. Im sure they have it tucked inside somewhere out of the way.

/ ZD1211 work lights? #2  
I know my 300 series zd's do not have any wiring from the factory for lights, that doesn't mean the newer machines do not. Consider a less standard installation location... like on the front hinged metal plate. A 6" led mini bar works great up front, and will keep the bugs away from the operator. Plus your beautiful machine will look much cooler!

/ ZD1211 work lights?
Found it.

For those with 1211's. If you look behind the rear tire on the left side where the rops goes down above the axle. You will find a smaller loomed wire that is doubled back and is taped to the larger harness. Mine had blue tape on it.
There is your power and ground wire plug for rops lights. You will need to put a fuse in the bottom spot of the fuse box labeled lights. It will then power on and off with the key switch.
I didnt use it for lights but used it to power my GPS tracker.

/ ZD1211 work lights? #4  
Found it.

For those with 1211's. If you look behind the rear tire on the left side where the rops goes down above the axle. You will find a smaller loomed wire that is doubled back and is taped to the larger harness. Mine had blue tape on it.
There is your power and ground wire plug for rops lights. You will need to put a fuse in the bottom spot of the fuse box labeled lights. It will then power on and off with the key switch.
I didnt use it for lights but used it to power my GPS tracker.

Thanks for the info!

/ ZD1211 work lights?
IMG_1773.jpg

/ ZD1211 work lights? #6  
Nice find. Mine has it on both sides I believe. I did find wires on both sides wrapped in blue tape

/ ZD1211 work lights? #7  
I have a light bar and fender lights on my Grasshopper. The light bar on the canopy is a lot better mounting spot. I bought good pods for the fenders that actually are flood lights unlike the cheap ones but it’s such a low vantage point they throw a lot of shadows off the mower and don’t go very far. IMG_2077.JPG

Last edited:
   / ZD1211 work lights? #8  
Just curious as to why the GPS? Or is it to keep track of employees.

/ ZD1211 work lights?
Just curious as to why the GPS? Or is it to keep track of employees.

no employees , just personal use. I have insurance but i loathe a thief thats too sorry to work and want them caught if they steal my stuff. I have gps on my mower, tractor, backhoe and boat. If the key is turned on or it moves i get a instant text on my phone and it will show the route right to where they take it too. Tractors and mowers are too easy to steal with the one key fits all.

/ ZD1211 work lights? #10  
I know my 300 series zd's do not have any wiring from the factory for lights, that doesn't mean the newer machines do not. Consider a less standard installation location... like on the front hinged metal plate. A 6" led mini bar works great up front, and will keep the bugs away from the operator. Plus your beautiful machine will look much cooler!

I see the pigtails but are these powered all the time? Meaning would you need to cut in a switch or is there another pigtail to switch the lights