"Zen and the art of tractor maintenance"

/ "Zen and the art of tractor maintenance" #1  

gandalf

Tractor
2000 New Holland TC40D Boomer
\"Zen and the art of tractor maintenance\"

I experienced a paradigm shift in my perceived reality a few days ago as I sat on my tractor and looking west, saw the bright orange sun, surrounded by blue-yellow sky and white-black clouds, slowly sink into the horizon and disappear in utter silence, with a promise to rise again tomorrow. What a way to end the day with my Boomer. I'll take care of you baby, so we can do this again--maybe we'll look east in a few hours and see the ol' girl again. What therapy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ "Zen and the art of tractor maintenance" #2  
Re: \"Zen and the art of tractor maintenance\"

Hey Sam,

That boomer is making you mighty phil-o-sop-ical these days! Obviously you are still having fun. Glad to hear it. I drilled my first post hole with my boomer yesterday. What great fun. Sure beats those hand held models. I had a 3' 2" deep by 9" wide hole drilled and cleared in under 2 minutes! Got to think of new tractor toys for Christmas... Tiltmeter? boxblade? aux lights? How about you? Any new toys for your boomer?

Peter

/ "Zen and the art of tractor maintenance" #3  

Gandalf -

A month ago I would have thought maybe you've smelled too much diesel in the mornings, but now, after a mere 20 hours in the seat of my new 'Bota, I think I know where you're coming from.

Either that, or those diesel fumes work faster than I thought. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ "Zen and the art of tractor maintenance" #4  

I have to agree.

Started yesterday morning at 7:00AM working in the yard. Peeling up sod around some trees and rototilling with the Kubota, then other chores (trimming trees, weedwhacking, etc.) By 3:00PM I was beat so went in and took a shower, sat down to relax.

Then I started thinking about how much fun it would be to spread some of the 10 yards of mulch with the Kubota.

Went back out and spent a beautiful late afternoon/evening making runs back and forth to the mulch pile on the tractor.

So far, 10 or so hours of seat time has been pure pleasure - even though it's "only" on a 22 year old, 14hp, gear shift tractor.

Life is good.... when you're in a tractor seat! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill