Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle
Aaron - thanks
I changed the oil and not the filter - going to put a few hours on it and then change it all. I'll take a few pictures when I take this bracket off. Also - since you have diagrams - there ar two threaded holes on a plate under the left side of the seat - maybe there was a tool box mounted there? Does your schematics show anything there?

Lastly - I'm working on an order that included new vent hose and I took off the old small hose piece that was fitted over the steel tube and the tube is plugged with dirt or maybe an old wasp nest, etc. Any thoughts on best way to unplug without pushing a bunch of junk down into the rearend? I was thinking of hand spinning a small drill bit while holding a shop vac right there to hopefully pull the stuff up instead of it dropping... I'm assuming not good to let it fall into the tractor..

Attachments

• vent tube.jpg
    vent tube.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 82
   / Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #12  
That vent tube fitting should unscrew. That would be the easiest way to remove the clog without pushing it into the transmission.
EDIT: that fitting actually looks like maybe the one on the brake housing? If so, the dirt would just fall into the brake housing where there is no oil- just brake dust and probably rust). It does unscrew also though.

Yes, I think that is the tool box mount that you are describing.

1.JPG

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #13  
just doesn't make sense that from the factory they would block a normal maintenance item..

I feel your pain ! If it makes you feel better, I have to remove about 20 screws to remove a panel underneath my wife's car just to access the oil filter

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #14  
I can't see your pictures, but it sounds like you have the same bracket that I have on my 2210DB. There is an old thread on here where I asked the same questions you did, but there just isn't an easy answer. I think that Yanmar designed it for a shorter filter, but even then, it would be extremely difficult on mine to replace the filter without removing the bracket and everything that goes with it.

I said that I was going to take a torch to the bracket and redesign it so that I could remove the filter without dealing with it, but I have never gotten around to doing it. So once a year I remove the bracket and change the oil and filter, and also drain the radiator and replace the antifreeze. It takes me over an hour to do what should be a 15 minute job, but since I only need to do it once a year I can live with it.

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #15  
If I had said bracket, I might think strongly about what Yanmar says in the owners manual about changing the filter every other oil change!! Yea I know I'm lazy!. I do annual oil changes. But in reality I never put more than 25 hours a year on the tractor, so if I went to 50 hours that would be about every 2 years an oil change and a filter change about every 4. I don't do that and never would though.

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #16  
If I had said bracket, I might think strongly about what Yanmar says in the owners manual about changing the filter every other oil change!! Yea I know I'm lazy!. I do annual oil changes. But in reality I never put more than 25 hours a year on the tractor, so if I went to 50 hours that would be about every 2 years an oil change and a filter change about every 4. I don't do that and never would though.

I put maybe 10 hours on each year, and change oil and filter every 4 years, .....or, when I feel like it.
I grease once each year (10 hours).

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #17  
I agree. There are a few other Yanmar models like that where you have to unbolt a shield in order to remove the filter. Not ideal for sure. The filter you received should fit though once you remove that shield.
I have used my belt for my pants.. yes my pants to take my daughter's oil filter off with.
it looks like you might be able to make it work. but it will only work with the belt one way..

/ Zen-Noh 2210B Oil Filter Puzzle #18  
I have used my belt for my pants.. yes my pants to take my daughter's oil filter off with.
I bought HF's 'rubber strap wrench' for reluctant oil filters. It also works well for tightening the new filter, in contrast to the filter pliers that will dent the filter.
image_21782.jpg

Filter pliers have their own best use - just right for the Yanmar fuel filter bowl ring.
image_25182.jpg