zero-turn question(s)

/ zero-turn question(s) #11  
I hate Zero Turn Mowers, My mom has one at her place and makes me use it when I mow her lawn for her. I think they are death traps if you are not familar with zero turn mowers.

Hers is a cub cadet and im not shure of the model but she gave about 3k for it total. I cant tow any thing with it since it has no tow hitch.
It also has trouble turning especially on inclines like the ditch next to the road. I never had trouble like that with the tractor types. You just put them in gear and GOO.

As for the zero turn bit saving time, it allways makes skid marks on the lawn so i just go past the turning spot and make a bigger circle. Same as with a tractor type.
A good residential tractor type will run you 1500 to about 3k for the top end.
I think we can save more time mowing by using edging on our lawns around obstacles like houses and trees and such. Just my 2 cents worth ya all
I totally agree:thumbsup: I bought a new one for about 9K used it a few months and sold it. I will never buy another. My lawn is still healing:(

/ zero-turn question(s) #12  
You can buy a nice mower for that price, try toro, john deere, exmark, scag, ferris.
You can consider buying used on ebay or craigslist

/ zero-turn question(s) #13  
I bought a new Kubota ZG222Z last summer and just love the thing. I'll never go back to a regular mower. It's never given me any trouble and I can get in places I never could get with a regular ride on mower. As for towing. I made my own bumper and toy with it all the time and it's easier to back up that I ever expected. I'm sure if you get one you'll really enjoy it.

Here's a vid of mine: YouTube - ‪Kubota‬‎

Attachments

• zero 5.jpg
    zero 5.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 971
  • z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 1,979
   / zero-turn question(s) #14  
After checking out many ztr's I got a hustler Fastrak SuperDuty 54". What sold me was the cut quality, Flex forks to help the ride, The high blade tip speed, Build quality, and I have a great dealer. Cost me $6000, check hustler out and see if you like them.

/ zero-turn question(s) #15  
congratulations and you will love your new machine. You will never go back.

/ zero-turn question(s) #16  
I have a 48" exmark walk behind/ belt drive!!! It runs great and mows quite effectivly. As far price goes I picked it up on ebay from a near by resident. As far as price goes I got it for $1,400! Did I mention no scratchs or rust and its a 2008!!! Try ebay u might get lucky like I did!

/ zero-turn question(s) #17  
I have an old White FR-12 zero-turn that I have had since 1989, would never ever go back to a regular mower. It is starting to wear out now so I have been looking for a replacement. My choice will be a GRASSHOPPER 725DT as I have acres to mow. I also use a CUB compact tractor with a BEFCO C25 on the back, the GRASSHOPPER will replace both.
GRASSHOPPER makes a variety of sizes, they are all very heavy duty. The decks look like they are made of armor plate.

/ zero-turn question(s) #18  
I recently made the switch from a subcompact with a belly mower to a zero turn...best decision I ever made.

I mow just over 4 acres, and previously did the mowing with a Massey Ferguson GC2300 w/ a 60" deck. I hated how the deck dispersed the clippings (it didn't), and unless the blades were brand new the deck didn't mow cleanly in heavy grass.

I traded the tractor towards a John Deere Z950A zero turn with a 72" deck. The John Deere is an absolute beast, it blows the grass about 12' out of the deck, and doesn't care if it is wet, tall, or very thick. I have no problem mowing the ditches, and the quality of the cut is outstanding. It "cut" my mowing time in half, and I have less trim than before.

/ zero-turn question(s) #19  
I've got a 928d Grasshopper w/61"deck ,I found this mower on CraigsList.I'll never mow w/any other kind of mower again.The 28hp Kubota diesel will mow anything I ask it to....russ