Zetor 5211 control levers

/ Zetor 5211 control levers
Just another thought since you don't have the manuals. Are you familiar with the priming pump and cold start button?

Thanks for crawling under and taking pics for me. There is a lot more to the 'Z' than I thought. I have no idea about the cold start button. Are you talking about the hand pump right by the injector pump? My tractor has the 3 cylinder diesel and I don't think there is any glow plugs or
I noticed on your tractor you have two hoses coming out from the pump cover, and the third from the drain plug. Is the drain plug hose your return and the other two your 'power' lines? Just scratching my head a little here.

/ Zetor 5211 control levers #12  
Thanks for crawling under and taking pics for me. There is a lot more to the 'Z' than I thought. I have no idea about the cold start button. Are you talking about the hand pump right by the injector pump? My tractor has the 3 cylinder diesel and I don't think there is any glow plugs or
I noticed on your tractor you have two hoses coming out from the pump cover, and the third from the drain plug. Is the drain plug hose your return and the other two your 'power' lines? Just scratching my head a little here.

The cold start button is a small spring loaded button/plunger located off to the left side of the injection pump. It will only stick when the hand throttle is fully forward. It will release once the tractor starts.

I use the hand fuel pump when the tractor has been sitting for a while. I pump it about 15 times or until I hear it feeding back to the fuel tank.

Using the combination hand fuel pump and cold start button allows me to start my tractor within seconds even when it is down past 20 below. Of course, I also have an engine block heater which is located to the right of the injection pump.

Don't know about the mechanics behind the hydraulic oil lines. However, the hydraulic pump is located next to the draw bar pivot pin. That is where the two hoses were tapped in to, as per a Zetor mechanic. On my tractor, the drawbar pivot pin was removed to facilitate assembly.

Here is a search of the cold start button on Zetorworld:

cold start button - Google Search

/ Zetor 5211 control levers #13  
Another thing that I like about the eastern block tractor is that they have an onboard air compressor for filling up tires.

I think I will like that too, if I can get it to engage. I know you have to work both levers, but I can't get it working either running or not. I expect that thing to pump out some air!
The cold starting button pulls itself in when I open the throttle all the way, is that normal? The tractor starts a lot easier that way I found out. Don't even have to plug it in.
As for the hydraulics, I'll hook up a couple of lines with quick couplers on the end and if everything works backward, then I'll switch 'em. I'm looking foreward to spending some seat time on this tractor, it already seems to be better in the snow than my massey, (narrower tires maybe?).

Last edited:
   / Zetor 5211 control levers #15  
I think I will like that too, if I can get it to engage. I know you have to work both levers, but I can't get it working either running or not. I expect that thing to pump out some air!
The cold starting button pulls itself in when I open the throttle all the way, is that normal? The tractor starts a lot easier that way I found out. Don't even have to plug it in.

This doesn't sound normal for a cold start button. I have to push mine in with the hand throttle forward. I hear a definite "click" when it catches.

Here is a thread on engaging the air compressor:

Zetorworld forum: Tractor forum [Zetor 5718 Compressor problem!]

I engage my air compressor with the tractor running at 800 rpm. It won't engage when the tractor is off. Please note that there is no air tank or pressure regulator on these units.

Other than that, I suggest you ask the people on the Zetorworld forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help with my new toy. I've been lingering on the Zetorworld forum just reading up a little bit here and there. I have a used semi-tractor air tank that I am going to install with the air dump valve so nothing over fills. I've been using the air tank for carpentry for a while and jst purchased a larger one.

/ Zetor 5211 control levers #17  
I also have 1984 Zetor 5211 and need part that attaches to hand throttle under cowling. I have pic but not sure how to attach