Zetor 7340 questions

/ Zetor 7340 questions #1  

nwind

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M9960, L3800HST, RTV 900
I have been offered Zetor turbo 7340 with the farm purchase for an extra $7000 with attached loader, bush hog and loader bucket.
Looks like this machine is not in a great conditions. Brake doesn't work, gears switching could be better but no obvious leaks, starts easily (on summer time) and runs without obvious problems.
It has ~ 2050 hrs.
Tires looks cracked and filed with calcium.
I have zero experience with this tractor and would appreciate any input.
I'm not sure about parts availability (Ontario, Canada) and how reasonable price for the machine in unknown conditions.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 1,712
Last edited:
   / Zetor 7340 questions #3  
http://www.************.com/specs/Zetor/7340.aspx

Zetor 7340 TURBO - YouTube

Zetor 7340 Turbo v lese Extrém [HD] - YouTube
Logging

Zetor 7340.mp4 - YouTube
haying

I would say it may be a buy at 1/4th of new price and it is not broken down with age.

In 1992 we bought a new one with the smaller 3 cylinder 2WD 45 HP version but the transmission and rear ends were all the same through this 70+ HP range but sold it four years later due to starting a business. They seemed to be of German design but were built in the eastern block of Europe.

Rubber items cracked up quickly but the steel parts were well designed. That front end load will life like a JD 50% larger due to everything works on 90 wt gear oil the best I can remember. The two speed PTO could be handy. It is the same PTO shaft that you just flip ends.

Not sure but I would check the brake fluid level based on my memory I think both the clutch and brakes had hydraulic controls but double check that.

Zetor was more tractor than about anything on the market. JD painted them green and sold them world with but could not get them for the USA market because of the dealership base already in place before JD started reselling them. If I was going to buy a tractor without much knowledge of it I would prefer it be a Zetor.

Let us know what you do. A new FEL only of that size will be $7K I expect.

Last edited:
   / Zetor 7340 questions
Thanks for your opinion guys.

Is anybody has any documentation on this model? Some kind of service/repair manual?

/ Zetor 7340 questions
Thanks a lot Gale!

/ Zetor 7340 questions #7  
You are welcome. If you are getting the farm I expect you will be happy with the tractor. Resale prices will not be as good for a Zetor than say a John Deere and some other brands but there are not any better tractor on the market when it comes to hard work and lasting a long time. Let us know if you get it and how it works out.

/ Zetor 7340 questions #8  
If it were near me or if I could get it here reasonably I would want want it.