Zetor major 80

/ Zetor major 80
The FEL looks like it is installed properly best I can tell. But even with the bucket in the dump position it still won't pick up the front end and in that position there is plenty of stroke left in the lift cylinders.

/ Zetor major 80 #13  
The major is built on a Carraro transmission and rear end used by many other marks. The engine are Zetors own engine. Have sold well and I have not heard any complaints but its not a Fendt.

/ Zetor major 80 #14  
The major is built on a Carraro transmission and rear end used by many other marks. The engine are Zetors own engine. Have sold well and I have not heard any complaints but its not a Fendt.

How is Zetor Major price relative to other similar tractors in Norway? How are the other Zetors priced relative to competition? I am just curious.

/ Zetor major 80 #15  
   / Zetor major 80 #16  
It just occured to me that the issue might be swapped hoses. The valve might have regeneration spool. It allows for fast dumps but with low force (the force in regen is area of the rod time pressure). If you push the lever just a little the FEL should lift the tractor slowly up and when pushed all the way it wouldn't the hoses are swapped.

I also went to some Czech forums to check what people are saying about the Major. In general there are only few complains about one thing or another. The people who plow are concerned about relatively low mass of the tractor. On the other hand people who do mostly hay say that it is an advantage.

/ Zetor major 80 #17  
If you can buy a Major 80 for $36,000 you had better drop what you are doing and DRIVE FAST!!!
We have one on out lot for more than that!!
DC

/ Zetor major 80 #18  
I owned a zetor 50 hp range several years ago , they have a great engine etc. but I had lots of small issues with it , brakes would freeze up if you didn't use it for a few weeks , leaky brake and power steering lines , and some other small issues . I was always able to get parts with no problem . My dealer no longer sold them so I sold it with very few hours on it . It was one rugged tractor and the fuel economy was probably the best I have ever had with that size tractor , again a great engine . They probalbly have all those little issues taken care of by now .

/ Zetor major 80 #19  
I priced a Major 80 in my area for $42k with FEL. Compared to other tractors in that market (JD 5085E and NH T4.75) it seemed a bit too high being without a wet clutch. The price quoted to the origional poster seems reasonable to me.