best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors?

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
What is the best way to treat a wood truck or trailer floor? I remember something about ATF and diesel but I don't remember the ratio.

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #2  
I had an old 76 chevy step side with a wood floor and I just moped it with burnt motor oil. After about 10 yr sitting outside often with a little loose hay in it, it still looked as good as ever. By the way the oily gunk went away after a couple days.

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #3  
used diesel oil on all of my wood trailer floors

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #5  
Used motor oil is messy for a while diesel or heating oil (cheaper) will keep it from rotting. If you're replacing, have the local mill cut up some Locust for the new deck. Harder than woodpecker lips (to work with) and 10X better than "treated lumber.

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors?
Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning towards waste oil for the truck floor. If it does good on that I'll use it on the trailers. I read on here somewhere that you mix atf or oil with diesel. The diesel helps it soak in. Thanks for the tip about locust Rusty. I already have the lumber for the truck floor I'm replacing. I had a guy saw some oak. I had the logs so I just had to pay for the sawing. Hopefully I won't have this truck much longer.

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #8  
Your oak will be fine. Oil it when the wood has dried out, like next year. It will not take the oil when "green".

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #9  
a mix of 50/50 used motor oil and diesel

/ best way to treat wood truck and trailer floors? #10  
Not to hijack... but on the subject...

I used PT 2x material on my trailer recently. It had been stored inside for 2 years +, but now outside in the weather after install.

What, if any, treatment will help protect the PT pine boards?

Wish locust had been an option... found a few while out squrrel hunting with the oldest boy this morning, one is 17" or more diam, nice and straight and tall. I see it getting sawmill treatment!