Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, JD 710, Case 450

Default Valtra-Valmet tractors?

A friend has a used Valtra-Valmet tractor ~ 70-80 HP that he bought used for almost nothing and swears by.

Finnish? Merged now with Volvo? I don't find much on the internet about them.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Valtra-Valmet tractors?

I am not sure how Volvo is connected but Valtra themselves is now owned by Agco. Valtra has always had a great reputation as being extremely well built. I looked at buying one a few years back but my budget just wouldn't allow it

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    John Deere!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY
    I am not sure how Volvo is connected but Valtra themselves is now owned by Agco. Valtra has always had a great reputation as being extremely well built. I looked at buying one a few years back but my budget just wouldn't allow it
    They are quite popular in Europe. Contractors like them because of their high spec.

I think they might just be Valtra now?

You can choose what colour they are painted in...

Jake

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

I know, I have always wanted to buy one with the cow print pattern but if I recall wasn't that a promotion or a contractors special request and not a standard option?

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    John Deere!

I think it is still possible to get the cow print in the UK, the brochure says something like 'different colour schemes availible on request' and then some pictures of the cow print and leopard print

I can just imagine a whole silage fleet in cow print working in one field
    Jake

Bronze Member

Hey All,

Valmet site is valtra.com

I think they are outstanding tractors! The key is of course parts and service. If you can get them I'd not be afraid of buying it. A few years ago I was charged with buying a tractor for the research organization I worked for. The valmet was the best tractor at the best price but I just could not justify the risk in terms of dealer stability meaning parts and service plus he was 40 miles away. JD and Case were just too high in price and I also considered Deutz and White. Had to go second best - New Holland - that was local. I don't recall the NH I bought but it was a good tractor about 95hp FWA with creeper.

-Ed-

PS I'm Finnish by heritagge so maaybe I'm biased!

Volvo Tractors was sold up by Valmet.

Volvo is a swedish brand and merged with Bolinder-Munktells years ago.
    Tractors had been named Volvo-BM then. After takeover, the Volvo brand dissapeared and was completly Valmet then

Valtra is from Finland and Valmet group has different businesses. They had been building Skidders and Forwarders too, other part of Valmet was making machinery for paperindusrty.

Valtra tractors have the Sisu-Diesel, also a company from Finland, part of Valmet Industries.

SisuDiesel - Company Overview

A few Years ago, Valmet sold the tractor activities to AGCO.

The forestal machinery is Komatsu, now. The papertechnology is part of Metso group. Not sure, but Metso is a kind of farmers Coop in SF.

Tractor
    05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe

I saw my first Valmet tractor on a visit to Helsinki last summer.

I chatted with the operator and he seemed to think that the company
    was in the process of being acquired by John deere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    See my TBN projects at:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resyfcgt/

D7E
    Tractor
    Many

Have not owned one in canada but had them in britian and were mechanically good,Very good engines (same as larger MF 3000 series)and trannies were good My experience was with 110-180 hp 1997-2005 tractors and we had 2 8000 series and 3 "T" series ,The 8000's were pretty good but T series were a different story ,Hyd pumps,Front axles and the big thing was non stop electrical problems and dealers were surprizingly poorly equiped and fitters were under trained ,They were poular in some areas of GB but they were very expensive new and very poor trade in's and hard to sell used but motors were unbeatable ,First tractor to run an all bio fuel engine ?

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

I was just in europe for a week, drove though farm country almost the entire time. Can't say I saw one Valtra tractor, LOTS of Fendt's, Case IH, Duetz, JCB, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast