Valtra-Valmet tractors?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #11  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I was just in europe for a week, drove though farm country almost the entire time. Can't say I saw one Valtra tractor, LOTS of Fendt's, Case IH, Duetz, JCB, etc.
Yup.....This "europen" tractor craze was never in europe ? You rareley see a Deutz,Valtra,Same ,Renault ......There is a top 4....Ford,JD,MF,IH (in that order)...Period ,( you were lucky to see deutz's).Jcb is different ,An unbeatable brand and for the fastrc The only competition for it is a Merc Unimog ...No competition ?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #12  
D7E said:
Yup.....This "europen" tractor craze was never in europe ? You rareley see a Deutz,Valtra,Same ,Renault ......There is a top 4....Ford,JD,MF,IH (in that order)...Period ,( you were lucky to see deutz's).Jcb is different ,An unbeatable brand and for the fastrc The only competition for it is a Merc Unimog ...No competition ?

Is Ford still the top brand in Europe?

I don't expect it is in the UK. Deere seem to be getting more and more popular where we live. You are hard pressed to find anything painted a different colour.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #13  
Grrrr said:
Is Ford still the top brand in Europe?

I don't expect it is in the UK. Deere seem to be getting more and more popular where we live. You are hard pressed to find anything painted a different colour.

I havent been there for 2 years but we were in potato country with fleets of 5-30 tractors and it was very volatile and colours changed every couple of years where we lived in Monmouthshire/herefordshire 1960's were JD and MF , 70's were ford and JD ,80's were ford and IH ,Early 90's was all ford with a few JD and IH (40 series fords every where) ,2000's went a little JD then IH mx's but ford TM's took the stage eventually ,A lot of valtras came and went in the last few years i was there and these went back to fords or deeres but i hear bad things about 20 series deeres of my old gang .MF was a strange animal All the way through there was a good spread of 2000 series ,290's ,698T's,390T's and 3000 series (all the best models),The 3000's were the killer for a lot of people(3080 transmissions) but i had a 3120 that was excellent and 600's and 8000's never caught on .(I still have a 390T) in canada with a loader and nothing could replace it and i hold a high flag for the old 2680 but MF was for "MF lovers" and could not get a grip .From what i hear now ther is a lot of deeres because they are trying cash in on the "supposed" split up of NH and IH and are doing some nice finance terms .It won't last...**** that green brianwash ?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #14  
In my part of the country it is all Deere and MF. Nothing else around really. Does help that there a lot of MF and Deere dealers.

A lot of it is image. No one wants to be seen driving a Zetor or a Belarus or anything less than a 2000 reg.

I like the look of the new McCormick's

McCormick%20002c.jpg

There owned by ARGO (who isn't now) but seem to be gaining some popularity over here. Maybe they will come down our way soon :D

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #15  
I think it is AGCO that owns practically everything, or at least they are trying to. I was told by a dealer that AGCO only was interested in Valtra in order to get SISU Diesel. I believe they are now putting SISUs in all MFs starting with the 3600 series on up. The odd Valtra I see for sale used around here are not cheap. With the Valtra (Valmet Tractor) plant in Finland on the same latitude as Yellowknife, then one would expect them to be well engineered for cold weather operation! Anything built with the logging industry in mind must be pretty tough.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #16  
AGCO bought Valtra several years ago.

A strange feller who haunts the tractor internet and goes by the name of "Le Beef du Bois" swears by them....and he's got some street cred'.

Valtras are known for sound design and construction. If you have any type of dealer/parts support in your general area then I'd think you'd be just fine especially at a fire sale price.

A lot of makers produce good tractors even if you're father never heard of them or would by that "foreign" junk.....:)

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #17  
JoeinTX said:
AGCO bought Valtra several years ago.

A strange feller who haunts the tractor internet and goes by the name of "Le Beef du Bois" swears by them....and he's got some street cred'.

Valtras are known for sound design and construction. If you have any type of dealer/parts support in your general area then I'd think you'd be just fine especially at a fire sale price.

A lot of makers produce good tractors even if you're father never heard of them or would by that "foreign" junk.....:)

There are but a few "Junk" tractors but we leave that to the east europeans .
Valtra is far from junk but is not without their problems ,..Poor quality of cab components , Hyd pumps ,But (Uneccessary )eletrical problems and poor resale value were the killers(even in england).
Engines and transmissions are great though..?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #18  
D7E said:
There are but a few "Junk" tractors but we leave that to the east europeans .
Valtra is far from junk but is not without their problems ,..Poor quality of cab components , Hyd pumps ,But (Uneccessary )eletrical problems and poor resale value were the killers(even in england).
Engines and transmissions are great though..?

I have been hearing the T series has been having a lot of electrical problems and the contractors in Europe quit buying them in favor of other brands. I do hope what ever the problem is they get it fixed as the T series is a beautiful looking tractor compared to most of the other brands. It also has some great features.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #19  
Robert_in_NY said:
I have been hearing the T series has been having a lot of electrical problems and the contractors in Europe quit buying them in favor of other brands. I do hope what ever the problem is they get it fixed as the T series is a beautiful looking tractor compared to most of the other brands. It also has some great features.

It was T series i had bad experiences with......?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #20  
D7E said:
It was T series i had bad experiences with......?

I had heard this on another board I visit also.