Valtra-Valmet tractors?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #21  
dfkrug said:
the company
was in the process of being acquired by John Deere.

That is not likely to happen. AGCO bought them, mainly for the SISU engines. Makes total sense, now ALL AGCO stuff is either Perkins (Simpson), Cat (Challenger), Iseki (scut/cut), or SISU - NO MORE CUMMINS.

Keep it in house, and no compromise in quality.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #24  
Here is my 89 Valmet 405. Earlier in the 80's it's called Volvo BM Valmet. Valmet bought Volvo BM in the beginning of the 80's called Scantrack AB. Some Volvo BM Valmets where built in the Volvo BM faktory in Eskilstuna Sweden(mainly the models called 505-905).This is also when they started to paint them in the Volvo BM red colour. Before the Valmat was yellow. In 86 or 87 the factory in Eskilstuna was shut down, and the only factorys are now in Suolathi Finland and in Brazil.

Attachments

• valmetvinter.JPG
    valmetvinter.JPG
    539.5 KB · Views: 2,965
   / Valtra-Valmet tractors? #25  
Heywood Jannockitov said:
I like Valtras because they have a nice finnish. :p

HaHaHa .."finnish".....?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #26  
WilliamBos said:
NO MORE CUMMINS.

You think this is a good thing.....?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #27  
I would love one for the multi functionality of reverse seat. Close to implement etc. I owned two reverse seat carraros but!!!
Any brand is only as good as the service given when severe issues need resolution.
Please check all the info on rangerdaves Carraro TRX transmission casings snapping with others withe same problem.
http://www.tractorforum.com/showthre...0&pagenumber=2
and
Help I broke my tractor in half!!! - Page 2 - Net Tractor Talk
and
http://www.mytractorforum.com/

I am now deciding between the McCormick Teletrac or the Valmet.
Weight, quality, power, machines that can WORK.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #28  
You think this is a good thing.....?

Yes it is!! Why would you use a Cummins when you have a better diesel in house?? SISU has a reputation second to none. If you do some reading on Valtra, they got started in the logging industry. Hard working heavy lugging diesels is what they are known for.

Just because it has Cummins written on it, that does not make it the best.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #29  
The sisu diesel engines I suspect will outlive the Valtra name. They have spread into the Massey/Agco/Challenger lines and many other brands. Valtra has a significant following but a lot of people complain about day to day quality issues in the tractors.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #30  
Yes it is!! Why would you use a Cummins when you have a better diesel in house?? SISU has a reputation second to none. If you do some reading on Valtra, they got started in the logging industry. Hard working heavy lugging diesels is what they are known for.

Just because it has Cummins written on it, that does not make it the best.
The logging industry.....Dominated in the early days by screaming detroits unless im wrong...Uselesss motors but they kept using them..???That means nothing....I come from generations of farming/logging/trucking and construction...And being ex british valtra and sizu are very familiar to me.....I will agree that sizu as a motor is better than the valtra tractor but "second to none"..???????? Thats a brave statement......I've seen em break cranks and warp heads and endured the endless problems with the newer electronic ones.
Personally not a cat man but you cannot say a sisu is better than any of the big ones...Cummins,Cat,Perkins,Iveco/ford and getting a dealer who actually knows how to fix them is quite a task..?