How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?
:laughing:
EE - Don't let Rob know you have any malady at all....he will have you dead already...or he will be very quick to tell you how quickly you will die when medicine is no longer available ...and if you believe that I have things to sell you :)

I'm really very interested in that bridge you have for sale also that prime swamp land in Florida !:drink:

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #522  
I have not studied all of medicine and all diseases, but I have studied Crohn's disease for 40 years. I am always on the lookout for new ideas, and I will continue to study the disease until I die. My goal is to die from something other than Crohn's disease. The "he's too clean" ideas don't apply to me since I raised hogs and cattle in my youth and frequently spent all day in a farrowing house. And later, I frequently spent all day working cattle, some beef, but mostly dairy. Last, I am a bachelor, so complaints about "his house is too clean" would be a sarcastic comment. :D

What are your thoughts on Johne's disease and the possibility of it causing Chrohn's?

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #523  
EE - Don't let Rob know you have any malady at all....he will have you dead already...or he will be very quick to tell you how quickly you will die when medicine is no longer available ...and if you believe that I have things to sell you :)

My family will need my help and assistance as will yours you and as will Rob's him. The veterinarians in my family probably make my Animal Science background irrelevant, but I am the only EE in the family, and as best I can tell, I am slicker on mechanical than most of them too. So I doubt they will deny me whip worm eggs if push comes to shove. :D Whip worms will excrete anti-inflammatory agents, and can drive many crohn's sufferers into remission.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #526  
I just had a bad thought, I have 1 mile of river frontage that is loaded with all sorts of game that would make finding meat easy. Problem is, the frontage is also loaded with copperheads and rattlesnakes. If I was foraging for food with my 22 and got snake bit by one of these 2 species, what is the home remedy for that cure? Ken Sweet

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #527  
What are your thoughts on Johne's disease and the possibility of it causing Chrohn's?

It's been years now, but yes I tried that. At the time, I was calling it paratuberculosis avium. I read research long ago that that bacterium actually held up to Koch's postulate vis a vis crohn's disease. And I did run a course of three antibiotics long term, and at the end, I had a lower GI series and the result was "no sign of disease." But before too awful long (say 9 mos,) I was having symptoms again. One of the concepts of running the antibiotics fairly long term was that the bacteria "wall off" and are hard to access with antibiotics. So, it would be very difficult to draw any conclusion from my test. However, at that time, there were no strictures at all, so my terminal ileum did look completely normal.

The doctor that helped me do this was a family practitioner. There is no way a gastroenterologist would work with me to do such a thing. Frankly, I doubt most family practitioners would either, but this doctor was willing to listen to my arguments and read the research I presented.

Anymore, I do have a stricture. My GI doc forbade me any prednisone ever due to a misconception he held. Once in an argument, he worded it just enough different that I was able to detect the myth, and correct him. When I told my family about it, particularly the veterinarians said I need to drop him and get a new doctor. The people in my family who treat humans were equally shocked, but their answer is always the same: Go to Chapel Hill.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #528  

It's bad enough you didn't understand what I said but what's worse is putting words in my mouth based on your misunderstanding!

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #529  
I just had a bad thought, I have 1 mile of river frontage that is loaded with all sorts of game that would make finding meat easy. Problem is, the frontage is also loaded with copperheads and rattlesnakes. If I was foraging for food with my 22 and got snake bit by one of these 2 species, what is the home remedy for that cure? Ken Sweet

Ken I have a friend that buys rocks for fences. and has been bitten by coppper heads ,rattle snakes several times. All he does is wipe the hand arm or leg with his handkercheif and continues to load rock. Says if thumb it is tender for a few days. Now when did anyone die from a rattle snake bite. I thinking it was a child that told his dad the worms he had were bitting him. several years ago.
Don't know of anyone that died from a copper head bite . Known this man since he was in school and have sold him rock and seen the bite locations.
Dr's. now just check for infection when bitten.
ken

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #530  
Aaron,
This is exactly the thinking I'm talking about. Finding solutions outside the box. We've become so accustomed to have someone else fix our problems (for a price) that we have lost the ability to ... survive.

Some maggots may also help.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.